Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Black VZ SV8

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Very nice ride:thumbsup:

Whats its name,Black sheep? mabey Tommy Boy ? lol

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
SSZ-57L
Very nice ride
Whats its name,Black sheep? mabey Tommy Boy ? lol <---GOOD CALL!! black sheep!!! hehe

Well finally got rid of that stupid wing today! ahhh...*relief* now all i gotta do is install a 3rd brake light... will post pics up soon!

peace

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Frandy, yes it is the law, i was told by several dealers that you need a 3rd brake light...all carsa from 93 onwards i think HAS to have one! pics coming!

Don

Yep your right but pretty certain it was from 88 or 89 to current cos the series one VNs don't have them but the series two had them. And if install a wing on a car that has the third stop light (lower parcel shelf) then the wing has to have one and be wired up cos the parcel shelf light is no longer visible. Thats why the VEs dont have a brake light on the wing any more cos they are high mounted near the roof.

Will be interesting to see where you put your third light cos a mate of mine has a VZ SV6 and wants to get rid of his wing but to put the brake light in the factory position on the parcel shelf he needs to get a new window or find a way to get rid of that black stuff covering it. I suggested a VE high mount light but he is gunna try and get that black stuff off first. We are thinking its a paint of some sort so hopefully some thinners can get it off and he can use the factory spot.

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
Yep your right but pretty certain it was from 88 or 89 to current cos the series one VNs don't have them but the series two had them. And if install a wing on a car that has the third stop light (lower parcel shelf) then the wing has to have one and be wired up cos the parcel shelf light is no longer visible. Thats why the VEs dont have a brake light on the wing any more cos they are high mounted near the roof.

Will be interesting to see where you put your third light cos a mate of mine has a VZ SV6 and wants to get rid of his wing but to put the brake light in the factory position on the parcel shelf he needs to get a new window or find a way to get rid of that black stuff covering it. I suggested a VE high mount light but he is gunna try and get that black stuff off first. We are thinking its a paint of some sort so hopefully some thinners can get it off and he can use the factory spot.

Really? I was told 1991 and upwards, (i did say 93 earlier but i think it was 91) oh wells....and yeah i was contemplating on removing the black stuff BUT it will be hard to take off AND to finish it off smoothly...im going to mount an aftermarket led light on top!- just like da VEs...it should look hot assss...but we still have to see...pix coming really sooon...watch this space! BTW, thinner might get it off...but i wont count on how neat it will look afterwards :( good luck wif it though and keep us updated on how it goes.

Cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Very nice, a lot better without the wing too, good job!

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Nice beast indeed, also thinkin about removing the rear wing so post up some pics once she is done. Rims look sweet, just needs a dumping or is that the angle shes parked on. Either way, v nice.