Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Blue SSV

BlueSSV_Scott

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Hey guys just joined and thought i should share my ride. My first V8 and i love it, havnt had a chance to take some decent photos of it yet but when i do ill post em up.

2008 VE SSV ute
Voodoo Blue
6.0L V8
6 speed manual

Only "mods" done is i debadged the back of it, i prefer it like this, seems to tidy it up.

To do list-
Hard lid-preferably bobtail style
Letterbox grill
Lower-King springs
Exhaust
CAI
Tune
Wheels (maybe, i like the standard 19's)
20130617_162727.jpg20130617_162651.jpg20130617_162809.jpg20130617_162821.jpg20130617_162954.jpg20130617_163033.jpg

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Nice looking ute mate!

I've never been a fan of the coloured interior though. Each to their own I guess. Was it standard or optional extra for the ssv's? Mine is black anyway so I wouldn't know lol.

BlueSSV_Scott

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Thanks guys, Im aiming for a clean tidy look with subtle features. And yes i love the colour, one of my favourites in the range. As for the interior I am pretty sure that the leather was standard but i think u had the option to have it colour coded to the exterior so in my case it is black and blue.

BlueSSV_Scott

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
So a little update, Ive detailed the car inside and out, gave it a good polish and wax so its all shiny sparkly now haha. I also changed my number plate lights to blue and also my centre interior light. As soon as i get my fesoon replacements for the lights behind the doors ill be changing them too. I also got some forever black and did the black trims on the roof and my mirrors as they were a bit faded. came out really well, this is the result-

before

after

before

after

interior

BlueSSV_Scott

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I will be lowering it in the next few weeks to come, just waiting on getting tax back for that. But im pretty excited about it, ill be putting king springs ultra lows on with short monroe shocks. Ill post pics as soon as its done

BlueSSV_Scott

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
OK so my blue LED festoon globes arrived and this is the result. i reckon it looks pretty cool, some may think otherwise but meh haha. I know ive only been doing small stuff but like i sais the lowering will happen soon, it will be my first "big mod" but for now im just styiling it to my taste. Let me know what u guys think.