Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My brand new RS-V experience. And a sloping HUD.

Tumbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RSV Sportswagon
Totally agree with the sound system especially through Android Auto. My wife's Equinox sounds better.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Calais V has a Bose system which is quite a bit better than the standard system but not anything like the old 900 watt 19 speaker Harmon Kardon kit in my Chrysler SRT8 which unfortunately was so good it rattled everything loose so I had to turn it up to disguise the parcel shelf rattles lol.

I'm quite intrigued that you think the RSV with 235 kw's is about as quick as your SSV V8 which I guess was the 260 kw V8 one ?
Better gearbox by miles makes quite a difference I reckon.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
I'm quite intrigued that you think the RSV with 235 kw's is about as quick as your SSV V8 which I guess was the 260 kw V8 one ?
I found that the RS V6 felt more lively and responsive down low than my 6.0 VF. It was a noticeable difference anyway. The VF feels quite docile until you get the revs up but once you do it definitely feels quicker than the V6

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
I only drove an auto VF redline once and from memory there wasn't a lot happening until it hit 4,000 revs.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The typical "that's normal" response from Holden.

If they ever try that again, you need to reinforce that "normal" is not the same as being "acceptable".

It may be, for example, that it's normal for one of the wheels to fall off, but that doesn't mean that it's acceptable. They really try and hide behind the "normal" designation.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
I only drove an auto VF redline once and from memory there wasn't a lot happening until it hit 4,000 revs.

Jesus, really mate? I think you need to have another crack at one... they produce most of their 550Nm well below 4000rpm, and will frighten the traction control in their first three gears without even exceeding 4000rpm.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Jesus, really mate? I think you need to have another crack at one... they produce most of their 550Nm well below 4000rpm, and will frighten the traction control in their first three gears without even exceeding 4000rpm.

Badger's probably referring to an AFM 6.0 517nm there. Throttle response wise I figure Holden was aiming to reduce fuel use, and mild throttle openings don't set the world on fire. With LS3 they went more performance oriented with more power, and rear axle ratio chosen with improved performance rather than economy in mind.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Yeap it was that 517 nm version (260 kw's in Auto from memory) which had cylinder deactivation in the auto model. My regular drive at the time was an FPV F6 making 560 nm's from 1950 revs so relative to that is probably why I was underwhelmed but it was a while ago now.

I understand from others the later LS3 version (304 Kw's ?) is quite a different kettle of fish and much more tasty especially if it has a Walkinshaw special tune :)