Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My brother went full reh tard

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Get home to my mum going off at me

Her exact words when she opened the door

"WTF HAVE YOU DONE THE FEDS ARE AFTER YOU!!"

first of all rofl "feds"
so my complete idiot of a brother decided to download a game from a random website.... 1 day later get this.

i think he actually wanted me to pay the the alleged $200 "fine"

tbh this virus actually looked pretty convincing until they said i could only pay by Ukash and.... had no contact number. was considering calling the AFP to confirm i was caught but then after my lapse of intelligence recognized it as a virus.

could have been pretty bad

me "uhhh i got this message on my pc saying i downloaded movies illegally. just want to make sure its real not some virus"
them "have you downloaded movies illegally?"
me "yes"
me *jail for 2 years*

my task for the weekend is probs going to save all the crap i need on my pc (documents/pics really) then reinstall windows sick of all this crap lol

end/

Last edited:

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Lol.

I think they'd actually come to your door. Everyone illegally downloads these days too.

Would actually fool ALOT of people though.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Easy fix. Boot into safe mode. Run Combo fix and then Malwarebytes. I have done about 10 or so computers all for this issue. Real good bit of software that virus. On laptops it even turns your webcam on so you see your face where the hand cuffs are. I had one customer actually ring the AFP to find out what was going on.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yea had a few staff cop that on their pcs. Quite a neatly created virus.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Mine was much more convincing than this. It took me a few seconds to recognise it as a virus, only because it was written in good english with proper grammer, thats different.

Malwarebytes is worth its weight in gold for this one.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
this pic was taken with my phone btw. this is the first of its kind i have ever dealt with. i mean it took away the whole explorer and even came with a voice saying i have to pay a $100 dollar fine but.... at the bottom of the page it said it was $200. That and the voice was american

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yeah it started off in America as the FBI scam. It's funny you read the blurb and they have quite obviously cut and pasted a few legal sounding things to scare you.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Haha $200 fine. Pretty sure I have watched enough movies with the little ad at the start to know its more like $200,000.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
never go full retard.

I had a good one get the work PC the other day, the virus was designed to look like an antivirus and would detect anything you opened as a thread and prevent you running programs. was actually a prick to get rid of.