Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My BT1

Shaundy

BMW Technician Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
G'day Ladies and Gents,

Thought I'd write a bit about my ride and toy:

Name: Shaun
Model: 1999 Series 2 Executive BT1
Colour: White
Bodykit: Standard
Engine Type: Ecotech
Engine Mods: Nil
Exhaust: Standard
Gearbox: 4spd auto
Diff: Factory LSD
Brakes: Standard
Suspension: FTE package
Wheels/Tyres: 15" Chasers with standard tyres
Interior: Standard with BT1 options
Stereo: Pioneer head unit with factory speakers
Build Period: about 6 months
Cost: $4500 initially + $200 worth of mods
Other Mods: Debadged apart from Holden Lion badges, Narva Xenon Blue headlight bulbs, Berlina Tailights.
Future Mods: Clear side repeaters (on order), Cold air intake (on order from Holden), 17" VY SS wheels, either a genie rear muffler or straight through rear tailpipe - I have both so whichever sounds best, also have both an oval shaped exhaust tip and a dump tip, SS kit, custom painted highlights both inside and out.

I bought the car off of an old bloke with just 113 thousand kays on, currently has 117. It served its crime fighting days in Alderly, Brisbane.

Shaundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
Hey everyone. I guess its high time I put up some pics of my baby so here is project White Pointer.

The first pics were taken not long after I bought the car but long enough to allow me to remove the wheel trims and the driver's window weather guard.

The last pic is more recent and by this point the rear of the car had been almost totally debadged.

Oh by the way I picked up my new CAI and clear side repeaters. Hopefully I'll be installing them tomorrow.:yeah:

Attachments

• 110_3600.jpg
    110_3600.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 561
  • 110_3601.jpg
    110_3601.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 483
  • 110_3605.jpg
    110_3605.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 507
  • 100_3219.jpg
    100_3219.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's not a bad ride at all for a daily :) So clean, so neat. Is the cortina yours? That's not too bad either ^_^ In fact, I think I'm falling slowly in love with it!

Shaundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
Yeah Thanks man I'm probly a bit too picky when it comes to clean cars but anyway. Yeah the Cortina is kinda mine. It was my daily driver before the VS but now its my brother's car. It has a 4.1L straight six with extractors and 3spd auto, full Ghia options including the vinyl roof but minus power steering and 13" hotwires.

Shaundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
Heres some updated pics. As you can see I have completely debadged the car with the exception of the lion badges. I have replaced the tail lights with Berlina items and have replaced the amber side repeaters with clear ones. I have also removed the bonnet stone guard.
On the engine side of things I have installed a genuine Holden CAI.

The process continues...:w00t:

Attachments

• 112_4064.jpg
    112_4064.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 445
  • 112_4066.jpg
    112_4066.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 431
  • 112_4067.jpg
    112_4067.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

Pimpt6

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH LS1 STATEO VR V6 STATEO & VR V6 BT1
Its a very clean daily mate . Looks so much better debadged. Should get rid of the mud flaps too

Shaundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
Hey thanks Pimpt6. Yeah I like the nice clean debadged look. I would get rid of the mud flaps except I live out of town and the paint wouldnt stand a chance against the dirt roads. Speaking of badges, does anyone else own an executive like mine where both the Series 2 and Executive badges are under the Commodore badge? So far I've only seen Execs with 1 on the boot lid and 1 under the Commodore badge.

Pimpt6

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH LS1 STATEO VR V6 STATEO & VR V6 BT1
No worries mate . . thats what I thought after I posted that you were from out of town. .

NSTG8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Maloo R8 + VX Berlina 5.7
Hey thanks Pimpt6. Yeah I like the nice clean debadged look. I would get rid of the mud flaps except I live out of town and the paint wouldnt stand a chance against the dirt roads. Speaking of badges, does anyone else own an executive like mine where both the Series 2 and Executive badges are under the Commodore badge? So far I've only seen Execs with 1 on the boot lid and 1 under the Commodore badge.

It may have had some slight panel work done to it, as all VR/VS/VSII Execs had the Exec badge on the right hand side of the bootlid, in line with the commodore badge. The series II badge was in the correct spot though