Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Cammed 2007 Berlina

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Never chased power :)

It's not being a hater, Just look around the forum. People drop $5k on a V6 an make no power...
Hardly 5k, more like 2~3k. Dynos read differently anyway, as long as there was a nice increase and he is happy with it who cares.

Last edited by a moderator:

CammedAlloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina V6
For the excessive amount of money put into the V6, You could've had a Tuned 8 with more power & torque...

Sometimes I wonder why, Then I remember... People likes doing things in halves

What type of power does this make? Because you failed to list anything like that.

Cheers
Mat

Sometimes I wonder about a lot of things people do, but more often than not the reasons for their actions are known and understood only by themselves - fortunately, the reason for me doing up a V6 is more simple than that:

They're these square things on the front and back of my car called "P plates" (not featured in my photos).

I guess I should have mentioned that small detail in the first place, but at the same time, I didn't think I'd have to 'defend' myself against anyone/anything - I thought we were all a bit more mature than that (and for the most part, everyone has been), and would appreciate the car for what it is. I am completely aware of the number of cylinders in my engine, but thanks for the reminder mate ;-)

Also, I appreciate your financial advice, but, I've already weighed out the pros and cons, and I'm pretty good with my money, so thanks anyway :)

And thanks everyone else for all the nice comments :)

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Sometimes I wonder about a lot of things people do, but more often than not the reasons for their actions are known and understood only by themselves - fortunately, the reason for me doing up a V6 is more simple than that:

They're these square things on the front and back of my car called "P plates" (not featured in my photos).

I guess I should have mentioned that small detail in the first place, but at the same time, I didn't think I'd have to 'defend' myself against anyone/anything - I thought we were all a bit more mature than that (and for the most part, everyone has been), and would appreciate the car for what it is. I am completely aware of the number of cylinders in my engine, but thanks for the reminder mate ;-)

Also, I appreciate your financial advice, but, I've already weighed out the pros and cons, and I'm pretty good with my money, so thanks anyway :)

And thanks everyone else for all the nice comments :)

See, I watched your video & looked at your photos an saw that there were no P plates...

That is why my comments exist, Because I assumed you were another 30year old that thought his alloytec was a rocket

Seeing as you are still young, Yeah it's a nice car. But still a lot of cash for not much of anything really.

Don't worry, One day when you own something else. You'll realise spending money on the '6 wasn't the best choice. It happens to everyone!

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
This is NOT a thread for a V6 - V8 debate.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
FFS. Here's the deal.

1/ When there's a post about here's my car, I'm proud of it blah blah blah: there is no call for saying you should have done this/that or whatever. ie: BUTTON IT!!

2/ When there's a post about my car that invites thoughts: go for it. Just be prepared to substantiate whatever opinion you lob up.

3/ When there is a post asking should I do XYZ to my car: See 2/.

Reaper

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Love it! And it's making more than my super6, AND I'm another 30yo that thinks his L67 is a rocket lol
Congrats on a really nice car.
Cheers, Steve.