Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My cammed VY

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Update: Got my innovate o2 wideband kit with gauge , so hopefully will get my exhaust shop to weld in the bung this friday, will help alot with tuning and keeping an eye on how the car is running through the rev range
Also, getting a tune done by the1 on here and extremely excited to see how the car runs afterwards as the current tune is atrocious....
Bought myself a saas gauge pod to mount the innovate gauge and currently looking around for another gauge to fill the other side with a black face.

Once again I'll be continuing on with the black red theme inside the car and will of course have some very unique pinstriping on the gauge pod... Pics once its all done ;)

May even get a chance on sat to fit up the chrome alternator cover thats been sitting in my garage for ages, will get rid of that ugly standard one and finish off the bay nicely

Its all coming together.......

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Hey Heronvy,

will be good to see your power figure after custom tune. I'm running one of those mace recalibrated pcm's but i think if i got a custom tune it would be a lot better. I havn't bothered getting mine dynoed, Im only running 15's on the quater so i doubt and figure on a dyno would please me lol. Once i get diff gears and some other type of engine work i might look at a dyno and custom tune. Going to take me a bit to get cash for all that anyway.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Hey Heronvy,

will be good to see your power figure after custom tune. I'm running one of those mace recalibrated pcm's but i think if i got a custom tune it would be a lot better. I havn't bothered getting mine dynoed, Im only running 15's on the quater so i doubt and figure on a dyno would please me lol. Once i get diff gears and some other type of engine work i might look at a dyno and custom tune. Going to take me a bit to get cash for all that anyway.

Yeah cant wait to see how it goes after this refined tune is done, at the moment its just way too rich and timing is out bigtime, its sluggish as all hell off the line and you can feel the car wanting to really get up and move , but the tune is holding it back heaps

I reckon your next mod should be diff gears + trutrack/lsd , did the world of good to mine and it is a seriously good bang for your buck mod and isnt too hard to accomplish. Dad and i put my 3.9:1 gears in in 2 days with generous breaks in between, so with help it is quite straightforward.
Only downside is mine revs at 2k in 5th gear @ 100kph which can get annoying on long trips due to having a loud exhaust system

Decided to bin the idea of the dual clubby look alike gauge pod due to the innovate gauge not being able to fit in the hole, so i took the pod back, got a refund and decided to go a single pod mounted under my drivers side dash on the left hand side, looks alot cleaner mounted there than on the dash

MACE

Reaction score
Al,

Going by that graph there is certainly more left in it :)

Admittedly the mail order tune supplied, was based off the extensive development work we've done with our own cams, and our own bolt ons. I can't quite remember I had mentioned this to you at the time. Regardless though, in your case we've missed the mark :(

Please let us know if we can be of any help

This aside, I can't wait to she what she makes when she's all sorted :D

Best Regards,
Steve

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Looking at getting a 3.45 lsd second hand. bout all i can afford at the moment. Should make things a little better but.

Should still feel a difference with that ratio, thatd be good for highway stuff and will still be pokier off the line than the sh1t 3.08 ratio

If i could have got one at the time i would have went the 3.45's or 3.7's
Too bad all that i could get was the 3.9's at the time, still good fun on the street believe me haha, smashes most v6 vr's, vt's and vy's around my area

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Al,

Going by that graph there is certainly more left in it :)

Admittedly the mail order tune supplied, was based off the extensive development work we've done with our own cams, and our own bolt ons. I can't quite remember I had mentioned this to you at the time. Regardless though, in your case we've missed the mark :(

Please let us know if we can be of any help

This aside, I can't wait to she what she makes when she's all sorted :D

Best Regards,
Steve

PM sent Steve cheers

Al