Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Cammed WM Series 1 Caprice L98

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Owner: Adam
Make: Holden
Model: 2007 WM Caprice
Colour: Silver
Engine: 6L L98 with Crow Cams 219/224 @ 114 Cam, Higgins CNC ported heads, Double row timing chain
Power: 276 RWKW
Exhaust: HSV E3 Maloo Headers and Cats, 2.5" HM Perry Twin Stainless exhaust, Quad tips
Driveline: 6 spd Auto
Suspension: FE1.5
Brakes: DBA4000 Slotted with HPX Pads front and rear
Lights: 5000k HID's
Diff: 3.45 LSD
Interior: Black Leather
Audio: Stock BOSE speakers with JL Audio Amp 5CH amp, Kicker 2x12" Comp Subs hooked up to a CarPC with a touch screen overlay running centrafuse
Exterior: Stock
Wheels: Stock 18" Caprice Wheels

Here's my ride! Had it since November 2012. Had the Lifters get noisy on it, so while the lifters were out got a cam put in a and a few bits and pieces replaced.

IMG_20130327_175900_474.jpgdyno.jpg

Last edited:

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Owner: Adam
Make: Holden
Model: 2007 WM Caprice
Colour: Silver
Engine: 6L L98 with Crow Cams 219/224 @ 114 Cam, Higgins CNC ported heads, Double row timing chain
Power: 276 RWKW
Exhaust: HSV E3 Maloo Headers and Cats, 2.5" HM Perry Twin Stainless exhaust, Quad tips
Driveline: 6 spd Auto
Suspension: FE1.5
Brakes: DBA4000 Slotted with HPX Pads front and rear
Lights: 5000k HID's
Diff: Stock 2.9 diff
Interior: Black Leather
Audio: Stock BOSE System with JL Audio Amp and Kicker 2x12" Comp Subs
Exterior: Stock
Wheels: Stock 18" Caprice Wheels

Here's my ride! Had it since November 2012. Had the Lifters get noisy on it, so while the lifters were out got a cam put in a and a few bits and pieces replaced.

View attachment 159021View attachment 159020

Hey Mate,
Very nice car,always liked the Caprice.Luxury & power.
Sweet list of mods too,it will serve you well.Enjoy it.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice ride mate got more pics?

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Thanks guys, I'll get some more up soon. In the process of installing a CarPC (raspberry pi) with a touch overlay screen (got everything need, just need a converted from the overlay into the USB controller). Also just installed a 5 channel JL Audio amp (XD700/5) and bought an Audio Control LCQ-1 for an OEM integration solution. I'm going to initially hook it up with my twin 12" Kicker comps and stock bose splits set to HPF. Should sound sick, but might swap out to some Vibe or Focal speakers.

Found out one of my shocks / shock mounts is stuffed, so will be lowering the car while im at it (thinking SSL all round) and will eventually get some 20" Supersports and HSV Grange bobtail spoiler.

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Nice car mate. Great choice of wheels too, in my opinion one of the best looking wheels going around!

Look forward to seeing some more pics.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Nice car mate. Great choice of wheels too, in my opinion one of the best looking wheels going around!

Look forward to seeing some more pics.

Pretty sure they are just the standards? :p

Flabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 VE Commodore
Nice ride! Wouldn't mind more pics!

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Thanks guys. Been flat out with work and working on my sound system. Took a heap of pics with my SLR so ill have to throw them up. Been making all my own custom amp leads and looms.

I've cut the wires going to the factory amp, put plugs and sockets on both ends, and made my own loom to go from those plugs into my LCQ1, custom 75ohm coax RCA's from the LCQ1 to the XD700/5 amp, then another custom loom from the amp back to the factory plug in the boot which runs to the doors.

Everything has been crimped, soldered, shrink wraped, labeled and sleeved for a nice clean pro look.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Hey guys bit of an update! Just ordered myself a 3.45 LSD out of a SSV manual to drop into the Caprice, its been ridiculous driving around with 280rwkw in a single spinner! Hopefully that will go in this weekend to replace my 2.92 diff, give me some better take off and more traction!

Been thinking about grabbing some WM Grange / Senator wheels aswell... but am currently looking at some KONI FSD front + rear shocks + lowered springs...

Also ordered the last part of my touch screen conversion, so ill be ripping apart my dash to hook up my touch screen kit and car PC to the stock headunit and my after market amp! I'll need to organise a VIM kit very soon also...

I'll put up some pics as i do the work :)