Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My car has a ghost!

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
my heater fan has been playing up lately , working when it feels like it and also my demister would not work and often shutoff the fan when i pressed the button.
today with the air going i turned the car completely off and the air kept blowing, perplexed and not wanting somthing bad too happen i opened the bonnet and removed the fuse marked `blower` which stopped the fan ... went off and did my thing.
when i came back i put the fuse back in and low and behold everything works again, demister, aircon , fans ........ so does this tell me anything needs too be replaced or should i just leave it and see what happens?

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I had VP And Vl with central locking ,and when water gets in the wiring from either washing the car or heavy rain ,the door buttons go beserk opening and closing at random sometimes for hours .I have notice this also happens when the battery is low on charge ,so this migth be the same cause of your heater problems

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
The heater fan iussue is because of a dodgy resistor. There is a how-to on how to fix it somewhere on this site.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds like a dodgy blower relay with burnt or dirty contact which don't open when the relay is de-energised. This will also cause intermittent operation as the dirty/burnt contacts cannot always make proper contact. . It's located with the other relays under the bonnet near the battery and marked "blower". Either swap with another nearby relay of the same size (temporarily) or replace. If you are real keen you can prise them open and clean the contacts.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
ive tried 3 different blower relays and same thing , i noticed theres a 2.5a fuse there aswell which ill try next.