Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My car has dealer paint protection/sealant. Does this mean I can't wax?

fryzie83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Executive VX
So my car has dealer paint protection. Paint Sealant Treatment.
"The Wynn’s Paint Sealant forms a protective barrier against oxidation and pollutants. The polymer sealant coats the total exterior of the vehicle’s surface, locking in the shine, lustre and colour and maintaining showroom condition. Simply wash, rinse and chamois your vehicle to produce that brilliant shine."

Looking at my washing instructions which they gave me, i just read
"DO NOT use a car shampoo that contains wax. Such polishes will only dull your Wynn's finish and most certainly if used, will void warranty.

What? Does this mean I should never wax my car?

Is the only thing I can do is wash/shampoo it? borrring

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
saves time lol

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I think they have worded it very badly, as polish and wax are different things.
It could possibly mean you can't use polish but can use wax, but you better check.
The sponsor who sells detailing products might know also.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Any car wash or anything will wreck it and there goes the ripped off $800 they probably charged you. You only supposed to wash it off with a hose

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
So my car has dealer paint protection. Paint Sealant Treatment.
"The Wynn’s Paint Sealant forms a protective barrier against oxidation and pollutants. The polymer sealant coats the total exterior of the vehicle’s surface, locking in the shine, lustre and colour and maintaining showroom condition. Simply wash, rinse and chamois your vehicle to produce that brilliant shine."

Looking at my washing instructions which they gave me, i just read
"DO NOT use a car shampoo that contains wax. Such polishes will only dull your Wynn's finish and most certainly if used, will void warranty.

What? Does this mean I should never wax my car?

Is the only thing I can do is wash/shampoo it? borrring

Why do you need to wax your car when you've already got paint protection? Waxing IS a form of paint protection. Protection is available in two forms: A wax or a sealant. Similar but one is an extract from a plant, the other is man made.

Polishing is different. A polish is designed to remove or hide paint defects such as swirls or scratches.

If you want a car wash you don't want anything harsh like a truck wash. Over time that will gradually strip off any protection and leave the paint exposed to the elements. I recommend something like Meguiars soft wash or Meguiars Gold class wash.