Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My car keeps making creaking noises...

P

Pauldw500

and heaps worse when towing, which I do mostly. All started when I started the engine to move the car when swapping out the oil pressure switch and oil went all over the place.. Anyway yeah a few days after it stated creaking and I'm sure its getting worse...

I'm sure a weird one but any ideas anyone?

P

Pauldw500

Creaking as in a chirping type sound from the engine?
No to be it sounds like the chassis somehow. When sitting still and pull away it'll creak, and can continue for a lil bit. It's real hard to explain which I know don't help. Just funny it pretty much started a few days after the oil went everywhere, but with oil being a lubricant it don't make sense lol.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
and heaps worse when towing, which I do mostly. All started when I started the engine to move the car when swapping out the oil pressure switch and oil went all over the place.. Anyway yeah a few days after it stated creaking and I'm sure its getting worse...

I'm sure a weird one but any ideas anyone?
What are you towing?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
get it up on the hoist where you serviced it

P

Pauldw500

Oh okay. I know if you’re towing real heavy weights continuously, you can stretch a car slightly which can lead to creaking.
I say only a 6x4 but it can be stacked with motorbikes like this at times...
20210831_085410.jpg

So could be a bit of weight there... always hard to know as even loaded like this I only know it's there when I check the rear view mirror... :D

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I say only a 6x4 but it can be stacked with motorbikes like this at times... View attachment 226143

So could be a bit of weight there... always hard to know as even loaded like this I only know it's there when I check the rear view mirror... :D
I say only a 6x4 but it can be stacked with motorbikes like this at times... View attachment 226143

Lol. I’m sure your car has a 1600Kg tow bar. In which case, I would seriously take a look at the weight of your trailer plus its cargo. I’d also check on the capacity of your trailer.
Just saying.

P

Pauldw500

Lol. I’m sure your car has a 1600Kg tow bar. In which case, I would seriously take a look at the weight of your trailer plus its cargo. I’d also check on the capacity of your trailer.
Just saying.
Yeah normally I carry 1 small motorbike on it but have had a couple of times where I had to take the lot in one go so stacked it up a bit... :D