Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My car keeps making creaking noises...

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Yeah normally I carry 1 small motorbike on it but have had a couple of times where I had to take the lot in one go so stacked it up a bit... :D
I have a motorcycle trailer designed to carry three motorcycles. The gross maximum load capacity is 750kgs, if you deduct the TARE weight of the trailer being 170kgs, it only gives you a payload of 580kgs. The maximum speed recommended is only 70Ks an hour! Check the compliance plate on your trailer for its weight and its maximum load capacity.
I know this is a bit off your original car creaking post, but I think it’s important to take into account what you are towing and the weight you are towing, because if you have an accident resulting in damage to other people’s property or even worse, injury or death, the first thing your insurance company will look at is the compliance plate on your trailer and what you were carrying in it, and mark my words, if you have in any way exceeded those limits, guess what?.......You know the rest.

P

Pauldw500

I have a motorcycle trailer designed to carry three motorcycles. The gross maximum load capacity is 750kgs, if you deduct the TARE weight of the trailer being 170kgs, it only gives you a payload of 580kgs. The maximum speed recommended is only 70Ks an hour! Check the compliance plate on your trailer for its weight and its maximum load capacity.
I know this is a bit off your original car creaking post, but I think it’s important to take into account what you are towing and the weight you are towing, because if you have an accident resulting in damage to other people’s property or even worse, injury or death, the first thing your insurance company will look at is the compliance plate on your trailer and what you were carrying in it, and mark my words, if you have in any way exceeded those limits, guess what?.......You know the rest.
I hear you...