Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Car Stalls!! Please HELP

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
Ok so i have a vr commy but A CONVERSION with a vy v6 (03) engine AUTO in it and the wiring loom is from a VS 97 Model.. The car has pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch redback sports, highflow cat, 1:9:1 high ratio roller rockers, memcal from MACE, CAI ,LSD, 3:4:5 Gears,

but anyway before i did all these mods.. my car would still stall when ever i started it up and put it in to REVERSE OR DRIVE.. But when it stalled, i'll put it into neutral start it again, and its fine and it will not stall but jump as it takes off into drive..

But as soon as i turn the car off ,and start it again and put it into Reverse or drive it will stall ,and then i need to start all over again.. ###in pisses me off..

WHAT CAN THE PROBLEM BE SO IT DOESN'T STALL..

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It could be the TPS (throttle position sensor) that's playing up and telling the ECU the throttle is where it ain't - first thing would be to check it's plugged in. Other possibilities are Idle air control and/or throttle body dirty. Also check the oilpressure switch connector is plugged in properly as well.(this switch forms part of the fuel pump circuit)
Good Luck.