Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My care packages

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Shayne Hughes , the product your are being sold is at best considered an insurance product (which in substance it is). As such, read the documentation in full as you would for any insurance product and especially the fine print. Like any insurance product, you need to understand what you are buying, that is what you are actually covered for, and what conditions you must meet to be able to make a claim for repair. It's also important to understand any exclusions that this insurance product contains. It's also worth understanding who actually holds the risk for this insurance (the actual underwriter providing the policy) and what their reputation is with regards to actually paying up. Once you understand all the above, then balance you risk of damage that would be covered by the "care package" and this it's overall worth.

Me, i'd do what Ron above said... I walk away from such shyster ming mole sprukers :eek:

M

mwb235

Just bought a 2016 SS Red line and got asked about a "My care package" Involves a lifetime warranty about spraying a compound on and in the car that protects everything from everything.. it's 4grand. Is there any truth to the claim and has anyone got it??
Wow, that's a rort!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You could get a vinyl wrap for 4 grand.

Ceramic coatings are fantastic and as mentioned will require significant paint correction by a skilled detailer. There is no way that a second hand Commodore would ever see a $4grand detail. Not ever. Spend the 4 grand on a holiday! ... better still, drop 4k on paying off the loan.

Last edited: