Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My care packages

Shayne Hughes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS Redline
Just bought a 2016 SS Red line and got asked about a "My care package" Involves a lifetime warranty about spraying a compound on and in the car that protects everything from everything.. it's 4grand. Is there any truth to the claim and has anyone got it??

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Sounds like a scam to me.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
4k?? how much without the blowie?? Nope.. look into aftermarket stuff like opticoat/ceramic pro etc.. much better stuff at less than half that ridiculous price

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
Is this from a stealership?

Probably the ming mole...

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Just bought a 2016 SS Red line and got asked about a "My care package" Involves a lifetime warranty about spraying a compound on and in the car that protects everything from everything.. it's 4grand. Is there any truth to the claim and has anyone got it??

Wow stealership scam much?

For $4k I got mine fully wrapped with a layer of Gtechniq Exo V3... have a look through the forums for clear coats and there will be some good examples for you to follow regarding paint protection whether it be a wrap / stone guard, or Opticoat. Applied properly will take at least 24-48 hours and up to a week, and will be significantly cheaper and better than whatever the dealership gives.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I had the dealership arrange ceramic coating for the paint and leather interior protection for my ute when I bought it new. Cost me NZD$700. Yes it's good, 2 years on and it is still in showroom condition and only needs to be cleaned with water. Cost me $700.
Getting a ceramic coating applied properly to a used car would require some labour-intensive paint correction before application, so would cost more. Your dealership is probably doubling the price that the detailer or paintshop is charging them to do it.
If you want it done, find a good local detailer or paintshop that will do it for you (look for reviews, ask for references to prior customers, etc.)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just by way of a comparative price-point, in Sydney, I'm about to pay $800 for paint correction & $1k for a protective coating (unsure if the latest ones are ceramic) on our 5yo car.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Getting a ceramic coating applied properly to a used car would require some labour-intensive paint correction before application, so would cost more.
my car had about 200km on the clock when i got mine coated, and still required about 6hrs of correction done.
granted its a black car.
I'm about to pay $800 for paint correction & $1k for a protective coating
yeah i think i paid about $2.2k for my paint correction, full gyeon ceramic coating (paint, glass, wheels), leather protection and tint, in sydney.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Walk away