Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My car's playing mind games with me..

iaydemir

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Berlina
Hi Guys,

So i have a bit of a weird issue going on.
My car has never had any issue's with central locking since ive owned it for the last two years.

For the last three nights in a row I have been deadlocking my car, checking the doors and going inside as i usually do. For the last three mornings ive woken up to find the rear left passenger door is slightly open.. not completely open. (Like when somebody hasn't closed the door properly). The door is still locked and if i push it closes up fine...

This is driving me insane! Anybody had any issues with door's releasing on the VY's randomly? To be honest I dont see how its possible for it to open after its been locked. It just doesnt seem physically possible for the door to open once its been locked..

NO im not crazy. I live with my cousin, i have the only key for the car. I even went to the extent of hiding my key at home incase my cousin was playing games with me. He swears he has nothing to do with it.

Any help? =/

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
try it without deadlocking it ( just press the key button once ) to get normal locking, if its OK then the 2nd stage deadlocking is somehow catching on the door release mechanism on that door just enough to jar it open, has the door been in a prang??