Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My commadore lights turn on but wont crank after reconecting the battery

James12126

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Ve 3l Commadore wagon
The other day I installed a light bar wiring harness, I didn't plug it into the high beams or plug the lightbar in yet so no pwer could go through it yet. But when I reconnected the battery to move the car it suddenly said brakes fault, stabilty control fault, abs fault.

But all the lights came on radio worked, high beams worked fine not dimmed, but when you try to start the car it turns everything off but the dash lights and no crank or noise from the starter motor. Before I started the car was running perfectly no errors nothing.

I've tried testing the battery it was at 12.36 volts and the connections were tight no play in them. I've also checked the fuses and relay none of them seem blown and ive given the starter motor a few taps.
After all that I've come up dry.

If anyone has any sugestion of what it might be or what to try that would be appreciated. Thanks

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
It looks like you have something connected to the ignition circuit that the canbus is detecting as a fault.

Try disconnecting everything you put in there and check whatever it is you are connecting is not a spurious load