Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my commodore hisses when i accelerate

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
List of problems i think are all related to each other

sometimes it wont start, it just cranks over and over and then backfires

it idles really strange somtimes to high sometimes to low and it likes to rev by itself itl be sitting on about 900 then itl rev up to 2000 then drop back down as if youve tapped the accelerator

also i seem to have a high fuel consumption about 400 kms to a tank on adverage

and when i accelerate it hisses let go of the accelrater and just cost it dosent make the noise only when you put your foot down the hiss is slightly there when you are just driving normally aswell but its at its peak when you just start off driving

also the other day went to drive off and the car kangarood as if i was a learner in a manual and stalled, but its an AUTO ! :b:

i have spent lots trying to fix this problem i cant even remember

new coil pack

new plugs ngk

new leads genuine holden

new air filter

new iac valve

holden and a couple other places told me there was vaccume leaks and were fixed but the hiss when i accelerate tells me otherwise

fuel injectors were cleaned

and yeah i cant remember what else at this point in time so somone please help me i love the car but this is sending me insane it dosent appear mechanics that diagnose and fix the problem exist anymore

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i know what it is.
i had similar problem on mine.
its the PURGE HOSE.
its a vacumn hose that runs from under the throttle body to the purge valve on the back of the engine near the firewall.
cost $10

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
DeanoVT said:
i know what it is.
i had similar problem on mine.
its the PURGE HOSE.
its a vacumn hose that runs from under the throttle body to the purge valve on the back of the engine near the firewall.
cost $10
the winner good call, i agree

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Hmm I would have to agree with DeanVT as it sounds vacuum related.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i think youve solved my problem DenoVT thankyou so much, ive spend nearly 2K trying to fix this bitch, ive even had it into holden dealership they told me they fixed it and few days later it plays up again i ring them back and they say to bad bring it in and we will charge you to have a look at it and fix it..............if i were a hot chick id let you have me lol thanks heaps hey dude

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
evil_monkey said:
i think youve solved my problem DenoVT thankyou so much, ive spend nearly 2K trying to fix this bitch, ive even had it into holden dealership they told me they fixed it and few days later it plays up again i ring them back and they say to bad bring it in and we will charge you to have a look at it and fix it..............if i were a hot chick id let you have me lol thanks heaps hey dude

no problems evil_monkey. not sure about the propasition but am pretty upset that your not a hot chick. :D lol
it had me stumped too.
i spent a whole day check and changing leads, plugs, cleaning throttle body, changing filter, etc.
but as soon as i asked my mate who works at City Motors Holden he went straight to it.

N

Nugs98VT

Thanks heaps DeanoVT solved my problems and i didn't even have to post it.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
thing is this was ongoing for months, i actually bought the car off my dad he paid $17000 for it like middle of last year from a holden dealership had it for a few months and started getting this problem he got shitty and sold it to me for $7000 bargain ! :D

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
:w00t: you dont feel ashamed ripping off your dad..... :thumbsup: quick, sell the car and make a profit...