Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Crunch VE SSV Ute

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Ok so ran out of light which made things difficult, but almost have one side completed with cabling run for when an amp is installed. Only reason it is almost done is I just want to double check the clearance from the trim to the speaker in daylight so I can be at rest knowing fully it isnt touching. Will be much easier to do the drivers side knowing what to do and how I want to do it with some day light on my side too.
Heres some pics of whats happening so far...

DSC01654.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Cheers mate, as far as I can tell it was a VCM CAI that enabled a pod setup, theres no brand stamped into the unit but from pics on the VCM site and their instructions it seems to be the one, still sitting in my shed up for sale....

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Focals are in and running :D Sounding a lot better than the factory splits even though they are only running off the deck Im pretty impressed with them, I dare say these speakers will sound amazing once they are amped up and the doors are deadened.

DSC01657.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

DSC01663.jpg

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Ok so decided to cut up the engine cover that came with the ute to work on making my own two piece cover, at this stage so far;

DSC01671.jpg

DSC01673.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

Problem I need to work out is how to stop the outer sides of the cover from falling down so that the covers wont be resting on the coil packs? Any ideas for this little project?

Really gotta get the rad covers to match the OTR I think...

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Picked up the next part of the audio install, Focal Solid 2 2ch amplifier! Picked it up for $245 in the end, absolute steal! I know what im gunna be doing over the next week when I have time :D

DSC01680.jpg

DSC01681.jpg

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Amp is in and working a ####ing treat! Wooo!
Not much to see but ill get a photo later :)

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Minor update, painted a couple of trim pieces in the exterior colour, turns out if you know sfa about how to actually paint can be a pain in the arse and for what it is it took way too long, still not 100% happy with it but it will do for now. Still have to paint the handles black and do the silver rings around the speaker grill in green as well...

DSC01783.jpg

Also going in to Autobarn on Tuesday when the Focal rep is back at work to order in a 27V1 Polyglass sub and a FFP1000 Focal mono block :)

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
whoops double post....

Last edited:

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Picked up this bad boy today, bargain at $287 when RRP is $499!

Focal FPP-1000
DSC01793.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

Just gotta wait a couple of weeks for the next Focal shipment and then will get a Focal 27V1 to run off it :D