Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Daily driver!

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
getting there mate, just trying to find the free time to do it, being so busy at work doesnt help lol

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
car is looking nice mate

supahot1!

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV - My10 Prado grande - MY10 SR5 HiLux
so whats ur weekend car

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
UPDATE:

Well i actually had a proper 2 day weekend , so i decided to strip down the right side ready for primer, just did the tops of the doors, as the bottom half is in good nick still, so just hi filled the tops ready to be blocked for colour.

I have to admit, i hate commodores, well not so much the cars, but some of the stereotypical drivers that own them. But having worked on this car and having spent a fair amount of time on it already, i can see why people like them. The engine seems so reliable, everything is so cheap for them and parts are just so damn easy to get, hell any part from my car has to be ordered from japan and then i wait 4 weeks lol.

I'm really looking forward to getting this thing painted and on the road, should be a fun car to clean up :D

anyways enough of my rambling, heres some pics from todays proceedings.

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

Next weekend, i will remove the bonnet and boot and paint them up, also paint the rear garnish.

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Update time!

Well i had a change of heart, and to be honest thought i would have some fun with the car and make it a bit different....

I changed my plan to repaint the whole car in a light blue, instead this weekend i painted the roof black with a prizma glitter. Took about 5 coats of clear to sink the effing glitter down, but all in all it looks swell! Going to sand and buff the roof next weekend to flatten out any bits of crap in the clear. It's not everyones cup of tea, but i had some of the stuff laying around so i thought i would give it a blast for shits and giggles.

next weekend will be buffing the roof as well as painting the bonnet and boot.

:D

Heres some pics for you all :p The picture up close is of the 1st coat of clear, the last picture is after the 4th coat. Come up nice and glassy

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0227-1.jpg

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Heres a couple pics from just before. Un masked it and took it outside, unfortunately theres no sun to show off the prisma.

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Well instead of waiting untill next weekend to sand and buff, i thought i would hack into it today while the paint was still soft, rubbed it down with 1200 and buffed it hard, came up a treat. It's nowhere near the quality of my usual work, but for this car and what im using it for, it will do :)

The sun came out today which is a rarity, so got to see some bling :p

Enjoy.

IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

Roof7.jpg