Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Daily driver!

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Well another update!

Blocked down the right side of the car this morning to get it into paint for mid day, due to the small size of my place i can only do one side at a time. Luckily i managed to get ahold of some iso free sk clear which doesn't not harm people etc, it cost me ALOT more but it means i don't have to worry about the health of myself and other when painting at home.

Just finished basing and clearing the right hand side, will post some pics up soon. :)

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
And heres some pics from the finished result yesterday, i gave it a sand and buff today (had a couple small runs) all in all, happy with the colour.
IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0272-1.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

Next week: Priming the LH side and the boot and bonnet :D

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Any more Progress with this? i dont get the Blue sides and Black roof is it all going one colour or is it staying like that, looks the part though paint looks awesome for a back yarder cant wait to get stuck into mine.

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Yeah mate its staying blue with a black roof, i got bored so decided to do a prisma roof.

Well well, sure has been a while between updates.

After a few months i have actually just finished painting the body (ive been a bit slack!) Just starting to put it all back together. I will be painting the bumpers next weekend hopefully and then the whole car will be finished. Will then need to get a battery and have the brakes bled and then its off to get rego.

this was going to be my daily while my good car got re painted, seems i finished off my good car before this one :lol:

But anyways, its came up alright off the gun, once i get it registered, i will take it down to my work and sand it back and buff it.

Heres a couple pics of my good car and a decent paint job of mine :p

_MG_2283_4_5.jpg

_MG_2292.jpg

_MG_2269.jpg

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Well another update me thinks:

I finally go around to finishing off the body today, finished fitting up handles, door cards and locks and bonnet. So now it can go outside while i just finish off the bumpers next weekend. Once i finish off the bumpers i'll give it a good tidy up and wash, buff and vacuum.

I might paint the wheels silver, they are pretty rotten as is. After that, just gotta bleed the brakes and throw some rego on it.

Anyways heres some more current pics....

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
wish i could paint half as good as you,, Paint job looks awesome, much cleaner looking now, the 2 tone idea is different tho, i like it

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Thanks mate, im actually thinking about bringing the black down to the crease in the top of the guards, not too sure yet. I'll finish it first and go from there

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
not to sure about going down to the crease, it could work,

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Yeah mate i have decided against doing it now :p

Well i took it for a quick drive today around the block, must say...for a car that has sat and not been driven for nearly 2 years, it drives and changes gears quite well.

Just have to wait for a free weekend so i can paint the bumpers, sand and buff car and then detail. I will probably have to look into doing gearbox fluid, engine oil and filters too, doesn't hurt to change it all anyway!