Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Daily driver!

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hi all,

Just picked up a Commodore for a daily driver, has 290,xxx on the clock, all just been fully serviced by previous owner, brakes, gearbox, sensors engine and gearbox mounts uni joints in tailshaft, just about everything except the air con works (which just needs re gassing)

Got it cheap i think considering. Only thing wrong with it is the boot lock is missing, so will need to somehow gain access to the boot to fit a new lock in it. Also the body is a bit rough, has rust in behind the glass in the rear so i will pop the glass out and repair it all, also has a dent in the rear right quarter. Not really a problem for me as i am a Spray painter by trade.

Future plans consist of:

Fix rust
Complete re spray in original colour
Re gas air con.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to what i should do to the beast?

Attachments

• IMAG0171.jpg
    IMAG0171.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 342

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
mmm pics make it look good haha.

Nah it does have a small amount of rust, but plan to pop glass, and cut and plate it like it should be done. Dunno what i'm going to do with it yet, the 3.8 is a slug of an engine so no point making it go fast, probably just give it a real clean paint job and lower it with some bigger wheels.

Unlesh

Skid Pig
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon, vp wagon
my v6 smashed a vx v8 supercharged. Drop it on some 18s.

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
haha i don't think your v6 smahsed a blown v8, hell my weekend car only just creeps past blown ve's.

mmm once i get it home, i will be prepping the body straight away, should come up nice and clean when im done.

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Okay so update time,

I picked the car up thursday just gone, drove it home. The brakes need bleeding and the discs need machining, seeing as it hasnt been driven in about a year. I am going to give it a full body re paint, so thought i would post up some progress pics, seeing as it needs alot of body prep before fresh paint can touch the car

So this is what the car looks like un touched.

IMAG0175.jpgIMAG0176.jpgIMAG0177.jpgIMAG0183.jpgIMAG0185.jpg

So i didnt touch the car untill today, this is my progress thus far.

had a big whack in the rear quarter so i set out in getting that sorted, a few hours later i had it looking back to normal.

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

I decided to flat down the roof and fix some small rust spots while i was at it, then hi filled it.

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

Next weekend:

Hi fill RH side and boot and bonnet, then paint roof.

wnt 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr execitive
thats looks like a nice clean starting bas and it coming along well mate keep up the good work