Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Daily (Project) VH SLE

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
[jonnoo];1867943 said:
just out of curiosity, why are u set on a v6?

Im Not set on a V6, Just set on it staying a 6. I'll never be able to afford to run an 8 daily, Let alone the costs of getting it to be a v8.
Besides, I only need 150hp to be happy!

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Anyone wanna buy the wheels off it? $200 !!! :D

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
The 202s can be plenty reliable but should have died with the WB IMO, get rid of it either way. There a lot of V6 conversion haters on here, they are a good engine but they are no 308.
Either are a healthy 308 with some minor mods or an Ecotec will make a good plenty powerful enough reliable car.

not a v6 hater, i was going to put one in my HJ....just the fact its an sl/e some things should be left un ruined :)

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Found It!!!!!!

Product Reference Guide | Protec - Paint, Value, Support

Have a look there (download the PDF) and have a look at product number 450-5118. That is fantastic stuff, it's a non pourous primer that can be left out in the whether and protect the panel from rusting. Best of all you can scuff it back and primer straight over it when your repairs are all finished.

What you need to do is take it back to bare metal, de-oxadine it with scotch-brite then put the RB primer over it, then it's sealed. That way you can protect the bare metal and filler areas while you carry out the rest of the repairs. Once it's all finished, scuff it all back and prime it.

What do you think about using that stuff to get around in for a few months?

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Ok, Tried to do the timing last night because it's running lika an absolute bucket, But i cant find the notch in the harmonic balance pulley?? Any ideas? Also someone has played with the mixtures on the varajet so im gonna see if i can tune that or else its weber upgrade time!!! :D Putting in a new set of front wheel bearings today too as i can hear and feel them grinding. Man this poor old girl has been let down.
Given her a Full service while im at it too inc new dizzy cap & rotor.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
if its any help for you, i have a vb-vk workshop manual at home that i scan some pages for you if you want? if you need anything, shout out

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
if its any help for you, i have a vb-vk workshop manual at home that i scan some pages for you if you want? if you need anything, shout out

That would be great Man!!! Could you scan me the tuning Carby section? Not the major pulldown bit, The 2 or 3 pages to do with On-Car stuff.

Cheers!

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
id dump the 202 although you can get some awsome HP out of them....doing a V6 conversion these days isnt that hard theres a few kits for the conversion into old commodores out there but remember you legally also have to engineer it because your putting a later model efi engine in your car personally id go the V8 option its a much easier swap if your worried about fuel put it on duel fuel... plus if you want it to go aerodynamically better lose the kid hanging off the side of it lol

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
if it's just going to be a daily, is hp really an issue ?
I don't care what anyone says, the 202 isn't too bad. Of course by todays standards, it's right down on the numbers. But I remember my previous 202 powered VH, it was a stock 202 trimatic, but I spent the time setting it up right and it had no dramas single leggin' it down the road (without riding the brake) and wasn't even too bad on the juice.

nothing wrong a V6 either, but it's a nice looking SL/E, if the engine is a bit tired I'd spend the money on giving the 'ol 202 a rebuild, get some exhaust valve seat inserts so you can run unleaded, set the carb up right and it will make for a very nice (and original) SL/E that is the perfect cruiser. If the engine is still fairly healthy, then just set it up right and same deal