Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My daily vts and vt project

carra909

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
good on ya for taking on that project, whats your plans for interior?

ive always found vt/vx interior abit boring compared to vy, it does fit right in part from getting the cluter to work, but that should be more fun for you to work on getting right.

goodluck with it

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
interior not 100 % sure yet but the vt dash is staying dont like the 3 big knobs on the vy on wards dash but interior is striped out at the moment so i can pull the bcm etc out for the gen 3 conversion.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I prefer the VT dash too, I think some VX models come out with a black interior (door trims, pillar trims ect). That would be nice if you could find the parts cheap.

Any idea what paint you will go with when you are done? Id keep the VT mirrors but if you think it doesnt look right then change them over.

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
I prefer the VT dash too, I think some VX models come out with a black interior (door trims, pillar trims ect). That would be nice if you could find the parts cheap.

Any idea what paint you will go with when you are done? Id keep the VT mirrors but if you think it doesnt look right then change them over.

Already got black door trims for it here planing Either vk groupa blue with black high lights or yellow with black high lights.

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
well over the long weekend was pulling the front panels off the project and found rust in the sub frame and waesnt happy so put all the stuff i could onmy daily will be going in for paint new rear kit ve walky scoop and vx rear garnish with led lights. geting painted cherry black vk group a blue or the vy clubsport yellow

any waypics below
tinypic.com

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
hey man:p u should update this thread hint hint

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
figured id try updateing again any way the frankenstein project had rust in the sub frame so its being scraped and decided to start work on the daily next few months it gets resprayed near rear new spoiler and ve walky scoop and a gen 3.

Attachments

• 2011-03-07 14.54.04.jpg
    2011-03-07 14.54.04.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 325

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
So are you putting the vy/z rear onto the daily? Can't tell from that angle, looks good so far though.

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
So are you putting the vy/z rear onto the daily? Can't tell from that angle, looks good so far though.
nah not at the moment if i was to do it id just buy new rear quarters and get them fitted.

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
not sure at the moment if i do decide to do it will get brand new rear panels and get them fitted