Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my e-wang is bigger than yours!

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
hahahaha i pulled a 118db with 4 six inch splits running 100wrms each off a 4 channel...only just got beaten by a dude in a pulsar with 6x9s, beauty of it was that my system easily did that number...his pulsar smelt like burning plastic afterwards.

i'm running a alpine head deck, think its 9885, the one with glide touch ccontrols
4 JVC fs6 splits,
response 4 channel, 100wrms per channel
850wrms alpine amp
alpine boxed type r 12" sub.

i did a 124db with the alpine on a run in tune with a simple bass track, since then its been tuned and im waiting for the next comp to try it out.

Reaction score
145db isnt out of the question with a good SPL tuned box and some 0awg.

TDWM - Stop offending people, YES i would highly doubt he would get 149.3db on TL, but stating that he should aim ANYWHERE NEAR that high is completely wrong. Adding the "lol"s is just tacky.

What SPL systems have you built to back up your knowledge of SPL.....PB?

if its a commodore, then low 140's or high 130's is a much more realistic aim.

personal best: 150.6dB at 40Hz, from a musically tuned setup, not an SPL setup.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
if its a commodore, then low 140's or high 130's is a much more realistic aim.

personal best: 150.6dB at 40Hz, from a musically tuned setup, not an SPL setup.

Pics?

Oh yeah...quote from MEA
(nirwin115 @ Feb 27 2008, 08:51 AM)
ah but remembre im in a large sedan, im just hoping to hit around 140Db

Aim higher. Disappointment will drive you to get louder.

Anyway guys, have a look at a recent poll taken on MEA...and make up your own mind on whether or not you should listen to TDWM

" They Don`t Want Music" - Mobile Electronics Australia

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
what are we 5 year olds?? polls about who we are friends with - pathetic *shakes head*

i understand your position Holdenboy, but its ridiculous calculations and guesses that make us look like douchebags... so much bull**** from commo drivers, i saw 50+cars get metered at C4C none over 140 but mine, and i got what i call a "bought" number, no testing straight up the gear did all the work i had nothing to do with it! im sure you understand why these fanciful numbers bring frustration and "lols" from people who actually put work in!

145+ gauranteed in a commo for whoever puts in the yards...

TDWM hows the build progressing?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
few mates and me have built a lil spl car will get pics later stretchomatic has seen it lol its got

**** load of cement and 1inch thik woden panels
2x 15" pioner spl seris subs
4x clarion amps cnt memba specs
4x battires

had it in one comp got 150.3db

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
what are we 5 year olds?? polls about who we are friends with - pathetic *shakes head*

i understand your position Holdenboy, but its ridiculous calculations and guesses that make us look like douchebags... so much bull**** from commo drivers, i saw 50+cars get metered at C4C none over 140 but mine, and i got what i call a "bought" number, no testing straight up the gear did all the work i had nothing to do with it! im sure you understand why these fanciful numbers bring frustration and "lols" from people who actually put work in!

145+ gauranteed in a commo for whoever puts in the yards...

TDWM hows the build progressing?

I also can understand where your coming from, and 145+ db isnt out of reach for commodores, i have hit 141 with only 700wrms and 2 x 10s....yes i did put alot of work into the system but in saying that i didnt have a reliable SPL meter to test with, car was a VH sedan with stock battery too.

I just think offending people like TDWM seems to really excel at is the wrong way to go about it, this may be a reason why numbers are down at SPL comps, and DB drag racing is a dying sport.......people just get flamed or whatever before even going to a comp and therefore dont get the chance to catch the SPL bug like i know i have and many others have!!!

Didnt mean to be childish either Joe Peeps, but just wanted people on here to know that sometimes it pays not to listen to others.

vq5ltstato

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman 5lt
hi ive got a vq hears my gear.

jvc mp3 cd with 12 disc mp3 stacker
clarion 6'' front splits
jvc 6way 6'9s (very good)
2 clarion 12'' 1000 watt subs
2 pionner 12'' 500 watt subs
4 clarion 600 watt amps

ill try for pics but the other day made my garnish fall of and broke it have to get another and no use setting internal mirror ends up pointing at the floor.

want better amps replace 12'' pionner with 2 more clarions and then she will be ready for sound off.