Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my engine crapped itself

helrzr925

Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed vr wagon 3.8L
my engine crapped itself today, something has gotten into the intake pipe:bang:

well i was going to bunnings to get some stuff when about half a km from home i lost all power, so i pulled over but kept it running, turned it around and crawled it home and let it cool down, when i got back from bunnings i popped the hood and found that the pod filter had come of, so i took the whole pipe off and there was a rather large piece of non-slip matting, i pulled it out and started the car, and it was idleing way too rough, and too low.
i think that it has just gone into the manifold, if it's gone in deeper then i'm ****ed:cry:
so hopefully i can get it in this week

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
i think thats why pod filters have to be supported as i have seen them break too, i know in nsw atleast its illegal to not have them supported. Might be a lesson learned the hard way. If its shagged them whack a 5ltr or super 6 in it.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I hate pods there way to noisey and you can get high flow filters that do the same anyway, mate has one on his 5.0 ltr and can hear it from 10 klm's away and its in a box!!!!

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
i have a K&N ram pod filter hanging off my 304's throttlebody .... its horid. sounds like a jet plane.... trying to find a factory airbox

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
IS it possible to blow/suck it out via the available openings E.G spark plug holes, even rip the inlet manifold off?

helrzr925

Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed vr wagon 3.8L
yeah i'm just gonna take it to my local mechanic and get him to do an engine flush, and if its still ****ed then i'll get him to fix it/ replace engine:cry:
when i get it back i'll sell the pod, and modify the original air box, with a k&n filter, and ss inductions big mouth kit

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
take the inlet off and pull whatever is lodged in there out then stick it back on pretty easy to do yourself probably blocked an inlet port or stuck holding a valve open

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
just throwing this in but same in ACT pods must have a bracket or something to pass