Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Car - 2005 VZ SV6

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hey BullittSV6

Is there a part number for the plastic shroud on the left hand sde of the pic in front of the Airbox? As in the attached pic.

Thanx
Paul

Attachments

• P9200112.jpg
    P9200112.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 482

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Thanx mate, ill start searching for the part.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Got the new brake pads on today...wow what a difference. Great stopping power now. So combined with new tyres and strut brace its handling better than when I bought it and with the intake changes its got a bit more poke. The new brakes are the last mod for this year. Next is tinted windows in 2009...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
How worn were the old pads? - the last inspection on the VZ the bloke said I'd need new pads on the front by next service. (75k)

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
How worn were the old pads? - the last inspection on the VZ the bloke said I'd need new pads on the front by next service. (75k)

Thats what I got told too... and they measured them (don't have the measurements handy I think it was about 4mm) but they said they would need replacing by the next service. The bloke who changed them for me said that they were pretty worn apart from one of the rears.

But to be honest I think it was a good move getting these new pads on. I'm doing a lot of highway driving every week now so good brakes help with all the roos around here.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Is getting the mud guards off a case of undoing a few screws? One of mine, passenger front guard, isn't sitting well. Its like someones tried to pull it off and its left a large gap so a few small rocks have managed to squeeze in.

If I can get it to sit flush with the side skirts and front guard I will keep it otherwise I'll replace it I think.

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
I took mine off, from memory its about 4 screws on each. For the front ones make sure you turn your wheels to full lock to the side that you want to remove or its very hard to get to a couple of the screws, even with a stubby. If your gonna take one off i would do them all and get rid of any **** that is clogged in there. Mine were pretty bad

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
I took mine off, from memory its about 4 screws on each. For the front ones make sure you turn your wheels to full lock to the side that you want to remove or its very hard to get to a couple of the screws, even with a stubby. If your gonna take one off i would do them all and get rid of any **** that is clogged in there. Mine were pretty bad

Yeah if the mud guard is warped too much I'll take them off, did you find the car got any dirtier with the mud guards off?