Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Car - 2005 VZ SV6

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Hey guys took these photo's yesterday and today. You will notice that my manifold cover is silver yet on other SV6's it is black...anyone know why?

The silver engine covers are on the 175 engine, black on the 190

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Hey guys took these photo's yesterday and today. You will notice that my manifold cover is silver yet on other SV6's it is black...anyone know why?

The silver engine covers are on the 175 engine, black on the 190

That's an old question.... 2008 vintage... If you scroll down a bit..

Dam that's alot of pics lol...Don't worry I'm the same :yeah: congrats on your new ride treat her well and she will look after ya ;). The silver manifold on yours is the updated model, like mine I had a 06 SV6 had the silver manifold, the 190kW stayed same the torque dropped to 335Nm to comply with even stricter euro emission's. I think after Feb 05 the manifold changed to silver and got the four airbags and LSD as standard, just a minor update from Holden is all.

how much were they? i want a set for mine

$220 from Holden for the full set of HSV plates. I think its cheaper for just the front sills.

Something to note, the Holden dealer I went to was also a HSV dealer, so I'm not sure if a Holden dealer can get these HSV parts, but I can't see why not.

It took my girlfriend two weeks to notice I had done it, and she had been in the car and even driven several times. Even had the nerve to call my car a HSV wannabe!!!

Anyways, should get my SS footrest in a day or so. I'm going to need to buy the complete HBD accelerator assembly with SS pedal for the conversion so there will be an SS accelerator pedal for sale in a week or so.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Changed the oil and oil filter for the first time myself over the long weekend, got nice and dirty and smelt of castrol. Loved it.

Also put the SS alloy pedals on. Haven't got a pic yet but it looks fantastic. I ended up dropping a nut underneath the carpet so will need to fish that out when I get a chance.

Its one of those 4 copper or brass nuts that secures the black plastic moulding for the accelerator assembly to the firewall.

Will be making a new thread soon too, since this one is way too long...

KennyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 VZ
i may be mistaken but looks like some carnage on the front bumper??
speed humps are deadly ey,

P.S 6sp manual is the SHIZ

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Wow, its been almost 12 months since I've posted anything in here! In September last year I got in touch with GSL Rallysport and had RDA slotted rotors and new HPX pads installed. Then paid the car off which feels so good!

I've still got my old HPX pads and stock slotted rotors which I need to get rid of so I'll be posting up a thread in the for sale section this week.

So plans for the future aren't set, more maintaining the car. There's a few electrical issues which need sorting.

I broke the volume up button on the steering wheel so I'm hoping I can fix that up. My rear passenger window also isn't going up or down.

Sounds like time to invest in a workshop manual to sort these out!

My front bumber is looking pretty shot, and I've been thinking out a professional respray for the front bumper and doing a few touch ups myself. Anyone know the cost of resprays per panel?

If I do get a respray I will definately invest in a car bra!

Anywho its good to be back!