Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Car - 2005 VZ SV6

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Get your windows tinted mate. I just got mine done on saturday in the darkest legal tint and i would never go back now. Do you mean a panel filter when you say pod filter?

I was under the impression that a pod filter and a panel filter are different filters. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong as I am quite new to all this, but my understanding is a panel filter sits at the top of the air box and is dry, where as a pod filter sits inside the air box connected to the intake tube and uses oil for self cleaning.

I was also under the impression you can only have one not both...someone better explain this to me now...

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Fresh Photo's

Hey guys took these photo's yesterday and today. You will notice that my manifold cover is silver yet on other SV6's it is black...anyone know why?

PetesCarPoses003.jpg

PetesCarPoses004.jpg

PetesCarPoses007.jpg

PetesCarPoses009.jpg

PetesCarPoses011.jpg

PetesCarPoses013.jpg

PetesCarPoses014.jpg

PetesCarPoses016.jpg

PetesCarPoses017.jpg

PetesCarPoses018.jpg

PetesCarPoses019.jpg

PetesCarPoses020.jpg

PetesCarPoses021.jpg

Last edited:

Howks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-Pack
Get your windows tinted mate. I just got mine done on saturday in the darkest legal tint and i would never go back now. Do you mean a panel filter when you say pod filter?

How much did that tint set you back mate?

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Dam that's alot of pics lol...Don't worry I'm the same :yeah: congrats on your new ride treat her well and she will look after ya ;). The silver manifold on yours is the updated model, like mine I had a 06 SV6 had the silver manifold, the 190kW stayed same the torque dropped to 335Nm to comply with even stricter euro emission's. I think after Feb 05 the manifold changed to silver and got the four airbags and LSD as standard, just a minor update from Holden is all.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
nice ride, lose the number plate surrounds!

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
I was under the impression that a pod filter and a panel filter are different filters. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong as I am quite new to all this, but my understanding is a panel filter sits at the top of the air box and is dry, where as a pod filter sits inside the air box connected to the intake tube and uses oil for self cleaning.

I was also under the impression you can only have one not both...someone better explain this to me now...

Yea you can only fit one filter at a time but pod filters are pretty useless on a stock car and even more useless when they are un-sealed. Your probably better off just getting a k&n panel filter instead of the pod. Afaik the k&n panels are also oiled

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
nice pics from the lookout and nice sv6. 22k? how many ks? I sold my black manual 2005 sv6 for 25k with 40thou on the clock.

I got sick of the lack of balls of the sv6, alot of hype about nothing, but the SV6 is a good streeter 6 cylinder car for a to b travel.

In terms of intakes, keep with a kn flat filter for your current airbox.

Seen a blue vz clubby going around in Yalla with a PWR supercharger set up on it?