Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Car - 2005 VZ SV6

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
expect to pay around $450 for a sedan thou :thumbsup:

Def paint the eng covers! White walls look sweet with that colour

Another advantage of having a ute
:yeah:

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Yea you can only fit one filter at a time but pod filters are pretty useless on a stock car and even more useless when they are un-sealed. Your probably better off just getting a k&n panel filter instead of the pod. Afaik the k&n panels are also oiled

Yeah I recently realised that after doing more research into the filter. I like the idea of a filter that just needs cleaning after buying it once instead of holden charging the earth for it to replace at a service.

I am contemplating doing the 2-hole mod but from what I have seen not everyone is having an improvement.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
nice pics from the lookout and nice sv6. 22k? how many ks? I sold my black manual 2005 sv6 for 25k with 40thou on the clock.

I got sick of the lack of balls of the sv6, alot of hype about nothing, but the SV6 is a good streeter 6 cylinder car for a to b travel.

In terms of intakes, keep with a kn flat filter for your current airbox.

Seen a blue vz clubby going around in Yalla with a PWR supercharger set up on it?

My SV6 had just over 54000kms with full books and was an ex custom fleet car it was by far the best deal for the price range in Adelaide on Clipsal weekend.

All my mates drive V6's, straight 6's and s/c V6's and and its up there with stock speed. I am contemplating keeping it totally original because for a first car its got comfort, looks, power and is just a great drivers car.

I have seen a blue vz clubby going round, might be the same one

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
expect to pay around $450 for a sedan thou :thumbsup:

Def paint the eng covers! White walls look sweet with that colour

The engine covers are getting a paint soon, will be going with blue, silver for the alloytec 190 label and because the manifold is silver, I am going to paint the 6 raised sections black. If the manifold was black I would have painted them silver but I will be just flipping it round the other way.

There will also be another mod coming up. I am keeping a tight lip on it as no one as far as I have seen on here has done it and I will be producing a "how to..." as well so stay tuned!!!

I might do the windows in time for summer! But $450 is cheaper than the Holden dealer quoted me which was about $500. I have a mate who used to do window tints at auto pro so I am thinking of just buying the tint myself and getting him to install it.

Last edited:

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Another advantage of having a ute
:yeah:

Is there any downs to having one? :D cus i cant think of any right now lol

The engine covers are getting a paint soon, will be going with blue, silver for the alloytec 190 label and because the manifold is silver, I am going to paint the 6 raised sections black. If the manifold was black I would have painted them silver but I will be just flipping it round the other way.

There will also be another mod coming up. I am keeping a tight lip on it as no one as far as I have seen on here has done it and I will be producing a "how to..." as well so stay tuned!!!

I might do the windows in time for summer! But $450 is cheaper than the Holden dealer quoted me which was about $500. I have a mate who used to do window tints at auto pro so I am thinking of just buying the tint myself and getting him to install it.

Ever thought of polishing the manifold up? street commodores done it and it came up sweet. will go nice with the blue and silver.

attachment.php

With the tinting I had my VY done, all up about $500, but i had to get my old tint removed. Tint a car charge $400 for midnight express for a sedan, aslong as theres no tint already. Would look 100 times better then holdens because i doubt they would put the darkest legal on...

Oh com'on! you cant do that, you have to atleast tell us if it involves to eng, body, interior or something lol

Attachments

• manifold.JPG
    manifold.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,183

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Ever thought of polishing the manifold up? street commodores done it and it came up sweet. will go nice with the blue and silver.

With the tinting I had my VY done, all up about $500, but i had to get my old tint removed. Tint a car charge $400 for midnight express for a sedan, aslong as theres no tint already. Would look 100 times better then holdens because i doubt they would put the darkest legal on...

Oh com'on! you cant do that, you have to atleast tell us if it involves to eng, body, interior or something lol

That manifold looks fantastic! I will definately think about it. can you PM me the link?

With the bird from Holden's was so annoying she wanted to sell me illegal tint and said I could use her as an excuse. I said I don't want to spend anymore for now and she just hassled and hassled....even called me up two weeks after I bought the car and she asked again .

All I will say about this mod is its an interior mod and I hope I get some reputation points for the how to haha

I used to drive my dads Ford XF Ute 4.1L, three spd auto and even though it was rusted so much you could call it stage 2 weight reduction, it was such a beast. I thought about buying a Crewman as a comprimise between Sedan and Ute but I wanted the Alloytec 190 bad!

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
My SV6 had just over 54000kms with full books and was an ex custom fleet car it was by far the best deal for the price range in Adelaide on Clipsal weekend.

All my mates drive V6's, straight 6's and s/c V6's and and its up there with stock speed. I am contemplating keeping it totally original because for a first car its got comfort, looks, power and is just a great drivers car.

I have seen a blue vz clubby going round, might be the same one

that clubby is insane, mate of mines.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6

I just had a look on the Street Commodores website (not the forum!) and it doesn't look too bad. Even if I didn't do the ceramic coating it would look awesome.