Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Car - 2005 VZ SV6

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Hey guys, I've never looked under the bonnet of a VY, but I thought the airbox in a VY was the same as a VZ. Not Hard to do at all. I was able to stick both the MCAI shroud and airbox in a vice when I was working on it, and cos its really soft plastic it just springs back into shape. Soft plastic also means drilling is very easy. I marked out my holes, used a small drill bit (about 0.5cm diameter), drilled every cm then held the drill on and easily moved from one hole to the next, using it as a hole saw.

This mod seems to work well with the alloytecs, maybe the ecotecs respond differently to this mod.

Anywway, was washing my car the other day and my mags are just filthy and I'm struggling to get them clean. Can anyone recommend a product to clean my mags before I polish them, or does it just take a little more elbow grease to clean them.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
armourall wheel cleaner works well. squirt on, hose off. i use an old soft scrubbing brush as well. get all the brake dust off etc. then clean and chamois.

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
just have your rims painted black :) im thinking about it.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
i had my sv6 rims painted black unfortunately doesnt give that appearance of clean that you would hope for
moneyshot.jpg

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hey buddy,

Those mags aren't grey, they're black with carbon fibre inserts.

Well at least that's what colour mine are lol

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
mmm, black mags, how long did it take you to get them done? sorry for the hi-jack

i can't be bothered buying new rims just yet.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
I was going to paint my rims black but after seeing a few done i wasnt all that keen but got these off a mate and i love em. the lip breaks it up a bit.

P1010215.jpg

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Just a bit of an update. On Friday I wil be ordering new tyres, Potenza Adrenalins RE001's, and ordering QFM HPX pads all round, including the police spec pad from GSL Rallysport. So pretty soon will be able to enjoy some spirited driving.

After that I'll be saving for a while and in January I'll be getting tinted windows.

Not going to paint my mags, cleaned them today and decided it looks pretty good after all just the way it is.