Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first car - 2007 Astra CDX!

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
My first car - 2007 Astra CDX! (crashed :()

So finally I get a chance to create my own "Show Off Your Ride" thread :)

Anyway, its not a Commodore, but still a Holden (sort of), its a 2007 Astra! I wasn't really all that keen on getting a FWD car at first, since the other buzzboxes I've driven have left a bit to be desired, but I have to admit, I'm really impressed with how this Astra goes. Despite being FWD it doesn't understeer anywhere near as bad as I thought it would, and while its no Commodore, I have to say, I really like it. Anyway, pics are below, I'll probably take a couple more in a few days.

Attachments

• 100_0817..jpg
    100_0817..jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,576
  • 100_0815_2..jpg
    100_0815_2..jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 2,486
  • 100_0816..jpg
    100_0816..jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Nice mate,

Whats the performance like?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
nice car mate, i like that colour,
i used to be a bit of a hater towards the astra, but then my sister got one, then my mum got one, then i got one.... all the same year as yours
i got the manual turbo deasel over here in the uk, deffently goes better then i was expecting, and lots of fun to drive in the snow

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i think the astra's are real good looking cars. after reading the other thread and seeing how people said the autos were gutless, what's your take on that? reckon it goes alright or is it a bit weak? my mum might be buying one soon so it would be good to find out what to expect before we test drive :p

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
yes the autos are weak, my mum and sis have petrol autos, very sluggish, basicly chalk and cheese compared to my manual turbo deasal

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys. As for the performance, I have the 1.8L petrol engine which puts out exactly 90kW, half that of our VE. Compared to our VE, its quite a step down in many ways, being FWD and having less power...if you're coming from a Commodore, you will be quite disappointed. However, the car I got to drive most of the time before the Astra wasn't our VE, it was our '95 Hilux 4WD, which has a 2.5L diesel engine with less power than...well...I don't know what lol, and "handling" that reminded me of what it would be like to be inside a shopping trolley going down a steep hill. Compared to that, the Astra is quite a considerable step up, as I said for a FWD car it handles very well, I'm especially impressed with how well it handles corners. And yeah, I do have the 4 speed auto, as I said if you compare it to any Commodore you will be disappointed, though for what it is its quite alright.

naf33n: Yeah, I was never much of a fan in the Astra in the past either, though I still always thought it was better than that Cruze thing...though I really have to say, they are quite a nice car to drive, I have to be honest, I never knew a little FWD car could be so nice to drive. The only real downside to it that I've discovered so far is that there's no AUX in, and the guys at our local Holden dealer don't know anything about whether or not its possible to add one. I've done some Googling and discovered that its nearly impossible for Astras with my headunit (CDC-40 OPERA), oh well looks like I'm stuck with the FM transmitter for a while yet if I want to use my iPod.

Finally, I've attached a shot of the engine bay, behold my 1.8L of German-engineered power. :yahoo:

Attachments

• 100_0818..jpg
    100_0818..jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 404

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
It depends on how I drive it...if I'm barely touching the accelerator and I don't have the air-con on, its pretty good on fuel. However, if I start pushing it around a bit it does get a bit more thirsty.

As far as mods go, I don't have any planned at the moment, to be honest I really quite like the way it is, the only thing I intend to do is to upgrade the sound system, put in some decent speakers and a head unit that I can plug my iPod into.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thought I better update this - thanks to some dumb **** in a Hilux that needs to go back to driving school, the Astra is off the road for a little while. :( :rip:

100_0858.jpg

100_0852.jpg

100_0843.jpg

100_0855.jpg

100_0841.jpg

100_0842.jpg