Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my first car, what to get?

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
If you are worried about depreciation I wouldnt buy a Falcon as they depreciate very quickly. If you were assessing the Falcon vs Commodore based purely on resale value then the Commodore usually wins out. If you want low down torque then a diesel would appear to be your only real option that is within the law and diesel utes tend not to depreciate as badly as sedans either. A 2WD diesel ute would fit the bill for what you require at the moment and wouldnt lose too much money in depreciation in the coming years.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Get yourself a Datsun Stanza. Best first car you could get. In fact if you have save enough buy two for when you stack the first one. Mine never missed a beat.

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
Laser :wax:

Don't ask why though :thumbsup:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
You say the alloytec is torqueless yet the RX-8 is far from being torque laden. Where is peak torque reached on the rx8? 5000 - 6000ish? Unless your gonna be taking off with some 4000 revs from every set of lights the alloytec will be better
Max torque is 5500rpm on the RX8. If you have never owned or driven a rotor you can't comment on them, totally different to drive. All you do is keep them up in the powerband.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Max torque is 5500rpm on the RX8. If you have never owned or driven a rotor you can't comment on them, totally different to drive. All you do is keep them up in the powerband.

saw the rx8 on top gear last night, they had it compared with some jag (can't remember) and the audi TT, i was quite surprised to say the least the rx8 did very well especially on the track. and being RWD just tops the cake:p
(if you want to see it look on you tube 99% positive it would be on there)

just a suggestion...what about a honda prelude? they go pretty well against the 5L up to 100km/h

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
saw the rx8 on top gear last night, they had it compared with some jag (can't remember) and the audi TT, i was quite surprised to say the least the rx8 did very well especially on the track. and being RWD just tops the cake:p
(if you want to see it look on you tube 99% positive it would be on there)

just a suggestion...what about a honda prelude? they go pretty well against the 5L up to 100km/h
Was an Alfa not a Jag.