Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first v8....need help choosing!!!

vx-s-5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s
hey guys,
i get off my P's in January which means i can finally get a big thumping 8. i cant decide between a normal SS or a HSV. I want the VX shape and a manual so the difference in the interior will be shite all and i already know where everything is. If i decide on the SS than my choices are limited but i want to know what kinda HSV's were available around that time and which ones were the pick of the bunch. Any answers are a huge help as past 3.8 liters i get into the unkown.

cheers guys.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
If you want a HSV then buy one. I don't think the price premium is worth it for what you got back then however it's your car - buy what you want.

Reaper

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
not just the price premium on the purchase but the insruance hike over an ss

i'm 24 and insurance on an hsv is 4k vs the 900 i'm paying for my ss

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Get the SS and spend the insurance change on your new baby

vx-s-5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s
sounds like a good idea. anyone know where ya can buy the coulson leather vx hsv seats but in cloth (leather sucks in our aussie summers). i think thats what i wanted most from the HSV.

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Dont rush into it man. There are manual Monaros around they are just harder to find. But think of that as a positive in that you will then own a harder to find car. Ive bought and sold many cars and the best piece of advice id give anyone is dont get caught up in the excitment of getting something new and rush into a purchase. :)