Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my first v8 ...vr ss commodore

big leroy

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vr ss series 2
hey guys im new here, i just bought a 95 vr series 2 ss off a mate whose had it garaged for about 8 years ... i have always loved the car and drove it when i was 19 and now 9 years later he is finally parting with it and i snapped it up for what i think is dirt cheap ... as far as i no its stock but it wont be for long as i plan on doing it up.it is a sad day for me today cause i already owned a 94 vr statesman and just sold it cause having 2 vr's seemed unpractical ... but this is my first v8 as the stato was a v6 so im kinda excited .... i have read a fair bit of olf threads on ways to get power out of it so i was think of getting that hsv chip than maybe a new cam and down the track turbo it but nothing over the top just low to meduim boost plus i also like the idea of stroking it out.

Il post pics when i pick the car up in a week .. any advice to with what current specs the series 2 already has and some reasonible goals and ideas would be great ;D

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
pacies ,exhaust, heads and a cam and a tune will really liven things up a bit :)

or if ya dead keen on the turbo leave it stock and stash ya pennys away for a snail. kits a are dead cheap now

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
yeah man sounds sweet, dirt cheap?how much did you snatch it up for, and why was it garaged for 8 years
one of my favourite cars and a nice set of rims always looks sweet on an old ss