Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Ford Focus ST = the new daily

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
These are ( I read ) an entertaining drivers car.

=Yes!!!!
A few weeks ago going to work = no real traffic even for my normal!!!
Two lanes right hand turn. I'm in the lh lane , ol'mate in the ute rh lane , quite a bit in front = nothing else around .

Lights changing = tug on steering = lh lane in = rh lane out = sat flat as and didn't feel that fast , so ( it still surprised me ) , didn't get on gas at apex as ol' mates not too far in front = massive power off over steer = ha ha .
Need to take this away on a long weekend drivers trip

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also earlier this week at the round about at stockton bridge, ol 'mate = ford ranger ( say no more!!!!!!!!! ) traveling about the same speed as me .
A car length behind me in the inside lane .
At the roundabout
Fxxk it out of the round about foot down = you're smashed = seams like at least 20 seconds later after I've well an truly buttoned off and he has to be doing 60km over going past at the top of the bridge = to slow down to the same speed .= you're a moron = thinking a live axle skyrise vechilce can outhandle and out accelerate an even previous model hot hatch

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well!!!! that took a little longer than I thought it would !!
The i30 has finally left the building .
I think the father was more interested in the tech than his son.
I recon they're happy/ thinking getting a bargin.
Having said that I only dropped just under $1900 on my buying / sale price soo fairly happy.
Soo finally the 4 rusty doors can park next to and contaminate the maloo..
Both need really good cleans .
The Hyundai had been parked next to the maloo with it's cover on it soo l didn't have to wash for no shows.
This unfortunately means the Maloo has lots of dirt/dust on it!!!!

Next thing to sell my work bench= gonna make a smaller more userable one.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used the ST to vist mum and sisters( and families) for Christmas in South East QLD.
Went the usual way I go Bucketts way , Thunderbolts way , New England hwy and then cut across to Gatton , then Laidley..

Way less traffic = e.g. = heard people were waiting up to 3 hours to cross into QLD on the coast roads.
Fools!! = I had to wait a whole 3 minutes.
Not to mention they're way more drivers roads.

It was an absolute hoot = especially in the windy stuff, it eggs you on = is that all you've got!!!!

On the way home got quite alot of rain ( dam heavy at times)so cruised( sort of= still not economy mode) all the way down the New England hwy = almost made it back on 1 tank and according to the trip computer numbers wise would have 810 klm( but I feel in reality would have just missed out ( and without spare fuel in the car was never going risk running out).

My sister wasn't totally impressed with the ride on country roads ( this is stock ) = she'd absolutely love it after traveling in the maloo!!!!

Pretty much the only photo of it I took while away and and this classic heritage QLD homestead we visited ( in the wivenhoe dam area, = coominya).
The homestead was literally had every piece numbered and then dismantled and reassembled = moved to it's current location = otherwise it'd be at the bottom of the dam.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/uYI6AuS.jpg[/img]']
https%3A//i.imgur.com/Nu4BMOd.jpg[/img]']

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
No she's not into driving and more use to comfort rather than handling cars.
She can also be a PITA , I recon her husband is a saint for putting up with her.
It was a great time.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ha ha ha , she's not that bad( or do I just not see her that often, ha ha..
Love that area.
Try the black spur drive . North of out of Melbourne = be awhere lots of slow moving tourists and lots of motorcycles.
Check out some of the motorcycle magazines/ sites = for great winding drivers roads( as also great motorcycle roads).

I sooo want to do the Oxley hwy( essentially from Wauchope to Walcha) ( mid north coast NSW to start of New England tablelands) in the ST.
Done it on a few bikes and my VU SS ( when I had it).
170 klms of heaven = every thing from( at one point a sign post says next 45klms of 25 to 45 km corners)= ( it disappears soo quick= enjoyable) to fast sweepers to you can throw away your license and get locked up !!!