Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My German Opel Rekord-E1

brad308

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice 5.7
Hi guys, great forum you have here.
I have one of 2 door Opel Rekords. I have changed the front to a VC and fitting an Injected 308.

andrew.stofberg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Chevrolet Commodore 3.8L
South African Opels

Hi there!

We also got these cars in S.A., but here they were marketed as Chevrolets. They had either 1900 or 2300 4 cylinder engines(Rekord), or the American Chev big sixes of either 230 (3800) or 250 (4100)cu.ins. You could get the Commodore with either engine and the Senator with the 4100 and auto box. Mine is a 1983 Chev Commodore 3.8L with a 350 Turbo Hydramatic box (see my post for photo).

Cheers

rocketscott

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Calais V8
Here some features wich was installed in the german Rekord / Commodore:

Cool car mate and By the Way that specs that were avalible in 1980 in the Rekord are unbelevible! (to us anyway) we never saw anything close to heated seats digital trip computer and (Air Conditioning?) in 1980 heck i wasent even born then (im from New Zealand) i drive an Audi A4 wihch wolud probly be a common site in Germany?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adayer sportif commodore coupe

Attachments

• etelkaaaaaaa.png
    etelkaaaaaaa.png
    918.2 KB · Views: 174

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I just read a book that had a pic of a Commodore VB front end on a 1979 Toyota Celica body....looked interesting....
There was a Coupe with VB front end imported into Australia. I’m not sure who on here has one, but there’s two or three owners of them on the forum.