Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My god my car alarm is possessed!!!

berlinabeast

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 holden berlina 'rb20e'
Lol my car is freaking looney man. Ok atmopshere is cold rainy/heavy rain.

Sitting in my car with the car alarm going with my chick, then all of a sudden the door locks :s weird eh, i go to look at the door it's self then the car alarm starts going off, and the doors keep trying to lock it's self you can hear them (even though they are already locked). Unlock the door and a mater of seconds later it relocks.

So ok im pretty much ****ed, if i drive home it looks like i've stolen my ****ing car, can't sit there so what do i do? :bang::bang::bang:

Lol forgot my alarm key to put the siren on silent, so i cut the cables running to the alarm, only to forget the internal 9v battery that sits in every uniden five star car alarm. So an extra 20 minutes of a ****ing annoying siren is still there.

So i hoon it home, multiple dark streets, seen two cops turn to do u-turns to come after me.

Make it home copeless :D

Alarm has stopped, only because the battery inside the siren is dead, but hazard lights where a steady light all the drive home.

Currently the battery is disconnected stoping the car from starting.

Hoping 2moro it isn't raining ffs and have a look at it

Any ideas of what it could be?

My god im going to go load a cone and go to ****ing bed :bang:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Did you lean on your keys, and set the panic funtion off by accident?? Stupid I know, but i've done it before.

Or maybe your car didn't want any back seat action.

Check your ground and power wires, most likely cause of it going off. (Alarm thinks its being stolen)

berlinabeast

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wasn't the panic alarm, erm was near the passenger seat heh :w00t:

Checked the groundings, when i was rewiring the siren and putting it on silent with my special key.

It's got me stumped so taking it into the fella's that installed it. Get a report and quote on the problem and smile and fix it myself :whistling

Saves alot of ****ing around :thumbsup:

will report on the problem. Possibly thinking of converting the alarm, keeping the immobilizer, removing the locks, having keyless remotes etc, have a kill switch or two and there wont be any need for that friggen annoying siren

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
rain/moisture could have gotten into the control box/wiring
causing erratic problems with electrics.
Earth is always a major in electrical systems in cars make sure u got a good one.
hows your Battery power could be stuffed causing this as well
Goodluck man

berlinabeast

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i took it into the guys that installed it, they wanted to keep it over the weekend, but they are closed over the weekend. Abit weird so i got them to disable the alarm and i've got it with me.

Been looking at it, im starting to think moisture is the problem. Everything was fine untill the sudden change of seasons, currently going into winter in new zealand, and it's been a hot summer so it's a cold winter already been snowing.

So yeah could be the culprit, the guys that installed it, is this their error? or just a general fault?

Don't feel like forking out more money for this alarm :s

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Yeah i took it into the guys that installed it, they wanted to keep it over the weekend, but they are closed over the weekend. Abit weird so i got them to disable the alarm and i've got it with me.

Been looking at it, im starting to think moisture is the problem. Everything was fine untill the sudden change of seasons, currently going into winter in new zealand, and it's been a hot summer so it's a cold winter already been snowing.

So yeah could be the culprit, the guys that installed it, is this their error? or just a general fault?

Don't feel like forking out more money for this alarm :s

if you didnt install it or touch it at all, its there fault.. but then again is it still in warranty of sometype?

berlinabeast

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i think it's still under warranty i haven't owned this vl a year yet, and i installed the alarm about a month or so after getting the car.

When i get the spare time ill take it into them, they don't have any friggen loan cars!