Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my green vk berlina

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
this is my vk berlina its nothing special but i have plans for it i want to do a v6 conversion.its currently got a blue 202 and aussie 4speed out of a vh lsd drum brake diff its lowerd and thats about it but all the pannels are straight and theres little rust and overall its a preety clean car.its going to take a while but hopefully it will be on the road with a v6 in it by 2012 ready for my ps.anyways hears some pics
10012011004.jpg

20122010.jpg

20122010001.jpg

10012011.jpg

13012011002.jpg

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Tidy looking old wagon, have fun with the conversion, picked which model V6 yet? Definitely upgrade your brakes while your at it.

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
well my project has come to an unfortunate end when i first called vicroads 4 months ago about the conversion they sed its all legal to drive on ps but now it seems they have change there mind telling me that it will be seen as a performance conversion and falls under p plate restrictions wich means theres not much point in me doing it as it was going to be for my ps while i do up my statesman.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
well my project has come to an unfortunate end when i first called vicroads 4 months ago about the conversion they sed its all legal to drive on ps but now it seems they have change there mind telling me that it will be seen as a performance conversion and falls under p plate restrictions wich means theres not much point in me doing it as it was going to be for my ps while i do up my statesman.

Yeah I had the same bad news :(

I love this wagon, u can give it to me if u want ;)

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
its not a performance conversion, its a mod plate conversion, which is banned for P's

personally i wouldnt want to see yet another old girl get infected with a V6, so good for you ;)

Its far better infected with a v6 then the old grasping for breath 202 in stock form. Typical 308 driver :p

Ive got mine registered without a mod plate no worries, NSW though.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Why not just make a hot 202 ?
they're a good engine to learn on, lots of parts not too expensive...then if you decide you want big numbers out of it you can always go turbo.
people are getting 300rwkw out of turbo 202's

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
if i had it my way it wouldnt have a v6 or a 202 it would have a 308 in it but p plate restrictions say no. i was only going to do the conversion because the 202 isnt really that good with fuel i get further in my statesman with over 2 times the power. why not just make a hot 202? not worth the money i would end up spending 2 grand on a engine that would still get beaten by allmost any newer commodore and turbo p plate restrictions and im not after that much power.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Why not just make a hot 202 ?
they're a good engine to learn on, lots of parts not too expensive...then if you decide you want big numbers out of it you can always go turbo.
people are getting 300rwkw out of turbo 202's

I'd be building a fat v8 insteard :)

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
he cant run a v8 hes on his p's he just said that, so no point because this project is for when he does up his statesman
202 will go hard all day. you can get pretty decent power out of them.