Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Heron SSV

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Here's a few pics of the installation and the finished product:

All the goodies ready to go

a7cba640.jpg

Before:

084d11f1.jpg

My two apprentices:

cb8e43b4.jpg

Old intake gone and infill panel installed:

cc30529a.jpg

Radiator brackets bolted in:

a0f5ef5e.jpg

OTR in place:

89041b07.jpg

Finished and ready to test:

083d2240.jpg

The car feels a lot more responsive than before. Found out that the previous owner thought it would be a good idea to go crazy with a hole saw in the bottom of the old air box, right near the headers, so it was sucking hot air from the engine bay rather than through the snorkel on the standard intake. I ended up loosening the bolt on the bracket holding the positive terminal to the strut tower to get a bit more room to get the base of the air box out. Considering it took nearly 20 minutes to get that out, the install took around 2 hours. I have a pretty good knowledge of cars but not that much hands on experience so I took my time to avoid making a mistake and enjoyed the whole time spent on it. I have a new found respect for people working on their own cars; it can be frustrating at times but the end result and satisfaction of doing it yourself is worth it!

Cheers.

Last edited:

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Nice work mate! Even sounds better with an OTR.

You going to get it tuned?

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate. Sounds great giving it a quick stab from idle. Definitely want a tune, but I might wait till I get some headers and cats installed first. its really a surprise how much more responsive it is with just a bolt on mod like this!

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
That's great. Good to see you got the young fellas to help. Wish my old man did that stuff with me.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks fellas. My boys are well on the way to being die hard rev heads

Flabby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 VE Commodore
thanks mate. been hitting the missus up for a VCM OTR for fathers day this sunday.... fingers crossed she gets the hint!

So did you end up getting that VCM OTR for fathers day or what? Gimme details! haha :p

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
What that guy above said mate. got it installed on Fathers Day and its going great. next on the list is some headers, cats and a tune. can definitely feel more power with the OTR, and its a lot more responsive as well.