Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Holden Commodore VL Berlina Executive

Do you Like This Vehicle?

• Total voters

RB30Comzy

Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina Executive
Anything done to it? Exhaust, extractors etc.?

umm i am actually unsure, as of before i bought it, but all ive done is the green list, i was told its all standard nothing ever changed but as soon as i started it i knew a new exhaust had been put on it, but i wont be doing anything to the motor till im off my p's, my hilux got black listed and if its seen in town again i get a red defect and $1000 for having a pod filter (they are legal in VIC, but no point fighting about it, fkin pigs always win, got 3 mates that have degrees in this kind of stuff, they said a pod filter is not an engine modification, its intake, but like i said, i could fight for months and months but id never win)

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
U sure the exhaust isn't just cut at the back lol. Are u just leaving it standard then saving for turbo or??

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Pods are legal as long as its braced or in a secure box/frame.

Some states have only 1 intake
Mod etc like if its got an Intercooler u can't have a pod. Something gay like that

Cops love smart asses, so don't be one.
U can get defected for no water in washer bottle or a wobbly drivers seat, and will get u if your a smart ass

RB30Comzy

Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina Executive
Pods are legal as long as its braced or in a secure box/frame.

Some states have only 1 intake
Mod etc like if its got an Intercooler u can't have a pod. Something gay like that

Cops love smart asses, so don't be one.
U can get defected for no water in washer bottle or a wobbly drivers seat, and will get u if your a smart ass

nah i actually never be a smart ass to cops, but it was securely in place with aluminium tubing to hold it on with silicon pipes, so i dident half ass it, and got $283 fine and 3 demerits, but they said if they see ti on the road at all they will give me a $1000 fine and red defect it, and thats just for a pod filter

RB30Comzy

Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina Executive
U sure the exhaust isn't just cut at the back lol. Are u just leaving it standard then saving for turbo or??

not too sure at all mate, its still got the Cat but it has a very small muffler and splits to two chrome tips on the end, so im doubting whether its got a hole or something in it or weather its just not standard.... but have a look at this video, and you can tell me what you think :D

yes sorry im am saving for turbo, but still on my reds at the moment and cant have a turbo on ya P's in vic

Last edited by a moderator:

RB30Comzy

Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina Executive
is this exhaust standard? or been modified? i need to know for road worthy please :)

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I can't see the vid cos' I'm at work but just from reading up on the htread the cat's probably been gutted and put back on, depending who you go to, amechanic canstill roadworthy it, as long as you say you gutted the cat AFTER the mechanic checked the car over, or just say "I bought it like this, I dunno what a gutted cat is"

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Sounds like its got an exhaust. It's not hard to check, just the measure the width of the pipe. Had it got extractors? Hard to hear because the sound is a bit distorted. You'll work it I'm sure haha

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
I'd get a high flow cat for it aswell if it is bashed. Its a 10K fine if a copper tests it