Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Holden days are numbered

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Colorado with an LS swap would never drive like a car; it’d drive like a hatful of smacked arses.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
^ Colorado with an LS swap would never drive like a car; it’d drive like a hatful of smacked arses.
Hahahaha! Like a truck with too much grunt...:D

gluten3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67
A few years back, Chrysler said they were ditching the decades-old RWD platform (Charger/Challenger/300), and not replacing it. But there seems to have been a resurgence of interest in their SRT’s and Demons etc. I suspect it’s media interest more than buyer interest though, and Demon volumes won’t be enough for them to engineer a new model.
I also heard that Fiat-Chrysler would ditch the 300, but transfer Charger/Challenger to an Alfa Romeo platform. But will we ever see it RHD? I would have thought Charger would be a suitable replacement for Falcon/Commodore, but maybe Kia Stinger has filled that hole.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I also heard that Fiat-Chrysler would ditch the 300, but transfer Charger/Challenger to an Alfa Romeo platform. But will we ever see it RHD? I would have thought Charger would be a suitable replacement for Falcon/Commodore, but maybe Kia Stinger has filled that hole.
It would be a shame if they ditched RWD. but I have heard that dodge are moving the charger over to the new platform. The new platform is the one that is going to have a RHD version available. If it never happens, happy to settle for the camaro in non converted RHD

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
You mean like this.....

Why didn't they fit the 6L90e in it, instead of the 6L80e? Is it a 'mechanical fuse' for the rest of the drive line?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I’m going to a Jeep SRT next month.

Time for a 4WD, and not wanting to give up a V8

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute

With the right tyre and suspension setup it wouldn't be too bad. My only concern would be wet running, as they're a bit taily in the wet even with the diesel. That being said the Bridgestone's that come on them stock certainly won't win any grip awards any time soon and it's easy to flip it into 4h for wet driving anyway.

I had a bunch of Colorados as a company drive car, I really liked them apart from the diesel lag and lack of grunt.

You mean like this.....

Something like that but space cab. I don't need a back seat and tubs in dual cabs are uselessly short. I'd also swap Trailblazer rear bits on it so I could have some decent rear disc brakes on it rather than 6 pistons up front with drums on rear (lol).

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I guess there are very few of us here who would even consider a Holden product in future. The range of imports offered now fail to evoke the sense of excitement or national pride that was so much a part of local Holdens. The company is actively pushing a truck as their hero car. Not for me, thanks. You can stuff in turbos, upgraded suspension and trick paint but it's still a truck. The Euro models have failed to get close to their 1990s predecessors in sales numbers. Other makers have such a huge head start in the SUV sectors of the market that the Arcadia and Equinox are unlikely to gain the traction needed to become major players. Trax is getting tired. Commodore's virtues can't overcome its lack of excitement. Camaro? Nup, just an expensive niche player if and when we get factory RHD cars and it will be a Chevrolet anyway, not a "Holden"

I guess I abandoned the company when I traded the VY on a Captiva 6 years ago. The Holden badges on the current car count for nothing and I too will look to a different make next time.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No Rapiers stay with the car, sorry. I used Paul Pavlou motors for a number of years. But have in the past used Morpowa and Willall. Paul Pavlou is on my side of town but Morpowa are great as well if they are close.

Is Pavlou Motors still around? Did they move from George Street? I remember you could eat your lunch off the garage floor....He used to have some really nice cars in that workshop, playing round with

IMA been about 3 years since I went there, hence me asking the question...And sorry about the sidetrack