Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Holden days are numbered

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
So I'll keep the Redline :) Angry V8's won't be the norm in the future, but there will always be people that appreciate them. I for one don't daily the Redline, but rather save it for nice weekend drives with the family or the car club. And for that purpose, its perfect. Hell, it'll even tow a trailer when we go camping. Try doing that in a Stinger.
Are camper-trailers over 1500kg the norm?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hell, it'll even tow a trailer when we go camping. Try doing that in a Stinger.

I think you'd be surprised...

https://www.suttonparkgroup.co.uk/news/kia-stinger-wins-best-petrol-tow-car-award

951E3C2B-C65E-4694-B4E7-2688887CEA86.jpeg

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Honestly, what can't a Stinger do :)

Agreed, for their first real foray into the performance car domain, they have certainly kicked plenty of goals with it. Hats off to them.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Series 2 SSV Redline W375 2016 FGX XR6 T

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
For the first time in many decades I’ve got absolutely NIL desire to update our cars. We bought them hike we could still get them for their uniqueness (wagon V8 & sedan-like handling ute) & usefulness (both versatile load carriers adequate for domestic use..one for the clean stuff, one for the tip trips). I’m hardly going to part with them and live with regret after replacing them with what in the price range??

My advice to anyone considering getting rid of their ‘real Holden’ is to think very deeply about why they bought it. How many people on here do we read about regretting the sale of one of these in the past (& I’m not referring to the rare few examples that would have appreciated over time). I realise that financially it’s not a choice for some, but if you can in any way withstand the cost of hanging onto that V8, Monaro, Stato, ute etc while buying something else then do so...there’s probably a far greater chance that you will regret the decision than not... if you later reflect on the fact that you had a choice financially.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
fuel prices are incredibly flat, people seem way to eager to update cars imo. my car is 17 years old, i might trade up in a year or two they really are built to last.
I mostly agree but some upgrade for tax purposes although thats supposed to be 5 yr depreciation.