Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Holden days are numbered

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Pick up a new Golf R Special Edition on Tuesday after much thought. My 2017 Senator with W557 was becoming a garage queen as I am noticing that my reflexes etc. are slowing down as I move closer to 70 years of age. Car needs to go to somebody that will get more frequent pleasure out of it. Great car as was the blown VF Calais before it. Never had one fault in either car.

I had a 7.5 Golf R once before so I know what they are like. The MY19 one comes with upgraded front rotors and pads, premium dynaudio, forged wheels and an acropovic titanium exhaust and 5 years warranty. All factory fitted. About $5k extra but in total about 16K of gear. Drops about 15kg in unsprung weight plus another 7kg saving from the exhaust.

Thanks for the enjoyment and knowledge gained from this forum over the years.

baldy-calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Pick up a new Golf R Special Edition on Tuesday after much thought. My 2017 Senator with W557 was becoming a garage queen as I am noticing that my reflexes etc. are slowing down as I move closer to 70 years of age. Car needs to go to somebody that will get more frequent pleasure out of it. Great car as was the blown VF Calais before it. Never had one fault in either car.

I had a 7.5 Golf R once before so I know what they are like. The MY19 one comes with upgraded front rotors and pads, premium dynaudio, forged wheels and an acropovic titanium exhaust and 5 years warranty. All factory fitted. About $5k extra but in total about 16K of gear. Drops about 15kg in unsprung weight plus another 7kg saving from the exhaust.

hey revster can you in box me please?
baldy

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I have a feeling that there will be more posts like this in the future.
There is nothing that Holden offers today that i would buy.
If they managed to pull another rwd sedan with a v8 for sub 60 000 i'd be in...
Highly unlikley though... :)
I am going japanese when the time is to upgrade....

Last edited:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Mate if I had room in the garage for a second one, I'd gladly take it off your hands! The golf R is a great car, hope you enjoy it, although you'll still need your reflexes.. ;). Don't be a stranger around here!

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My feelings exactly, thete is nothing out there by holden that interest me . Thou i heard the other week that in 2020 GM will be importing the Cadillac v8 rwd . Will be interesting to is if it happens or just another rumor.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
GM thinks Cadillac is a Benz competitor; don’t expect any Cadillac that’s any better than an Omega to be under ~$150k.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Enjoy mate, thank you for your wisdom :) Don't be a stranger, you don't need a current VF to remain part of the family :)

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I'd like to hope that I can move over to a camaro or charger if they ever made it here when Im ready to upgrade/renew

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'd like to hope that I can move over to a camaro or charger if they ever made it here when Im ready to upgrade/renew
Will be interesting to see what happens; Ford is selling plenty of Mustangs, GM may deign to make Camaros in Correct Hand Drive. If they do, I reckon that will fix the main complaints you read about the HSV Camaro; ‘cos we’ll have our own ‘spot’ on the production line & won’t be needing to take MRC-free Argentinian models.

Charger I dunno. I suspect you won’t be getting a Holden one. :)
A few years back, Chrysler said they were ditching the decades-old RWD platform (Charger/Challenger/300), and not replacing it. But there seems to have been a resurgence of interest in their SRT’s and Demons etc. I suspect it’s media interest more than buyer interest though, and Demon volumes won’t be enough for them to engineer a new model.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Didn't know you were that vintage Revster. Respect! If I were in your situation, I'd just buy a cheap fridge and hang onto the HSV for life.
Stick around mate! We need to retain good members. As time passes, more and more new members will be P platers and bottom lower class bogans :(