Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Depends on what's broken, I would assume:
Flex plate
Possibly the torque converter because the mounting points are probably flogged out now
Plus new fluid and filter

That's off the top of my head
Yeah the bolts go thru the flex plate and are secured onto the torque converter hey. At least 1 bolt has sheared off in the converter, maybe 2, dunno but gonna go have a look now, but if a new thread cant be cut then they're not cheap are they! ... :(

Oh and 1 guy from the quotes said he'll plug the holes and keep the fluid in the transmission when dropped. Not sure if this is legit possible but yeah anyways...

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Would seem like a good time to whack a new filter in and change the fluid I would have thought.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
One bolt?
Was joking re finding the bolt as the bolt is in the thread, the nut piece on the end of the bolt is what said "see ya!"

I have 1 bolt holding it now and was tempted to joke and say how it'll prob hold if I do it tight lol, but no the car is out of action for the forseeable.

I start a new job tomorrow so am now with a motorbike mechanic who builds cables. My clutch cable ordered from fleabay over a week ago still hasn't arrived... :mad:

So if I'm going to the effort of pulling out the transmission I'll def be doing all the seals that are in there me thinks..

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
$800 - $900 labour from 1.
$700 odd labour from 2nd, but busy for 3 - 4 weeks.
$1000 minimum from 3rd.
$1500 plus parts from 4th.

1st person said I'd have trouble finding a flex plate to start with, but also said if my flex plate is damaged its probably ruined my clutch too so will need a new one. Yeah right, pull the other leg it has bells on it!!

Maybe go with the 2nd one, but drop the car to them straightaway? They might have a cancellation, or maybe they‘ll find themselves with a few hours to spare one day, and they’ll do it sooner than the ‘3-4 weeks’?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Maybe go with the 2nd one, but drop the car to them straightaway? They might have a cancellation, or maybe they‘ll find themselves with a few hours to spare one day, and they’ll do it sooner than the ‘3-4 weeks’?
If its in the shop for 3 or 4 weeks, that gives him more time to get the cash together, to pay for the job?

That's if they don't find a heap of other stuff, that needs fixing?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
If its in the shop for 3 or 4 weeks, that gives him more time to get the cash together, to pay for the job?

That's if they don't find a heap of other stuff, that needs fixing?

Isn’t it that other fellow that usually needs to ‘get the cash together’? :cool:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Isn’t it that other fellow that usually needs to ‘get the cash together’? :cool:
He is just starting new job?
Don't know how the cash flow is?
It was only a suggestion? ;) :cool: