Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I have the answer to why your engine is f@$king up!
You’re letting your petrol tank get too low and so all the **** in the bottom of the tank is causing the problems.:)

P

Pauldw500

I have the answer to why your engine is f@$king up!
You’re letting your petrol tank get too low and so all the **** in the bottom of the tank is causing the problems.:)
This has been debated, and some say NOT running your tank empty now and rben, is in turn building up sludge in your tank. Then when you go low that one time, you drag some lovely sludge into your engine... :D

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
This has been debated, and some say NOT running your tank empty now and rben, is in turn building up sludge in your tank. Then when you go low that one time, you drag some lovely sludge into your engine... :D
Mmmm....it’s worth considering either way though.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I carry a 5 ltr can of fuel in the boot too... :D
Well there you go again!
Another possibility for why your engine keeps f@$king up.......stale petrol!
It’s a fact that petrol stored in a container which is not sealed only has a shelf life about three months., I believe.
Come on now be honest. How long has that can of fuel sat in the boot of your car?
When all said and done, we would all jump up and down if we suspected our local servo has sold us contaminated fuel which can play havoc with car engines. But we’d think nothing about topping up the tank with a stale container of petrol that could have been in the boot for God knows how long.

P

Pauldw500

Well there you go again!
Another possibility for why your engine keeps f@$king up.......stale petrol!
It’s a fact that petrol stored in a container which is not sealed only has a shelf life about three months., I believe.
Come on now be honest. How long has that can of fuel sat in the boot of your car?
When all said and done, we would all jump up and down if we suspected our local servo has sold us contaminated fuel which can play havoc with car engines. But we’d think nothing about topping up the tank with a stale container of petrol that could have been in the boot for God knows how long.
No. It's never older than a month. I'll throw it in the tank and refill often for this simply reason...

So there!... :p

TBH as prev said on here, living in a metro area there's no excuse to get low on fuel. Not for normal people it isn't....lol

P

Pauldw500

Oh and anyone know what the gushing of water behind the dashboard is all about upon startup?

Not sure if it's a fault or not but it didn't do it on other car...

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Oh and anyone know what the gushing of water behind the dashboard is all about upon startup?

Not sure if it's a fault or not but it didn't do it on other car...
Is it a heater vent opening or closing, maybe?