Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I heard a guy on the radio saying how it costs thousands of dollars to clean off the burnt rubber left on the roads by hoons, not tomention the idiots who decide to churn up a footy oval, cricket pitch or whatever costing ten of thousands in repairs, along with the inconvenience of teams not being able to use their ground until the damage is fixed.
F@#k em I say. Crush their cars and make them watch, and then make the f@#kwits fix the damage.
Yep, we had a major incident here a few months back where a "car meet" became a full on burnout contest and left inches thick worth of rubber all over the carpark of a Bunnings complex. Which then led to a 6 week SAPOL crack down on anything and everything modified in the area whether you were guilty or not.

It's just disrespectful, imagine you coming home to find black lines out the front of your house that you have to look at every day.

Or owning a business where your carpark is now an embarrasment for your customers because it's been absolutely thrashed.

Hoons always claim it's a victimless crime, but somebody always pays. Those industrial estates are all somebodies businesses etc your tearing up.

We've got one of Centrelinks finest across the road who owns a heap of old shitboxes that he's just hacked the exhaust off and uses as skid cars. I've made it absolutely clear to him, if theres EVER black marks outside our house even just some small black lines reversing with his welded diffs the CCTV footage is going straight to the police. I don't want my property devalued by a numpty wanting to have some fun on a public road nor do I want my house to smell like tyre smoke.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wish the repeat offender hoons got crushed in the cars (joking of course....maybe).

Going to be an unpopular opinion on a car forum but I've got absolutely no problem with hoons cars being crushed, but I think the police should drag them down there and make them watch. Do skids on the street or race your mates on the street, pay the price....plain and simple. And I don't mean full on street racing, even having a little go with your mates off the lights. Theres a time and a place but not in public.

I'm also a complete advocate of, if you get caught doing a skid on a public road you absolutely deserve to lose your license for 12 months even if it was in an industrial estate at 2am and I reckon if you get caught again you should just be banned from holding a license, clearly they aren't going to learn anyway.

Getting pretty sick of the "but nobody got hurt" or "catch the real criminals" excuse for illegal behaviour regardless of how minor the hoons think it is.

What those types of people don't realise is, this is whats making it harder and harder to own enthusiast vehicles. In our modern day and age of everything making it on the news or social media, it's becoming hard for modified or V8 Holden drivers to even pull up at a shopping centre without people looking at you like your about to do something illegal and end up on ACA.

We as car enthusiasts are slowly becoming guilty until proven guilty in the eyes of the law and the public.
Exactly, I say to to people if you want to go fast on cars or bikes then go to the track and learn how to go fast properly and not risk other drivers who like to go home to their families and don't want some wanker T-boning their nice car because some tosser feels its ok to floor it off the lights, or on the highway and run red lights

P

Pauldw500

giphy.gif

P

Pauldw500

So back on topic... My car... :D

With the split in the tubing that went from the Valley to IN of the catch can, I think I'm getting close to the phantom engine stall problem, which apart from some aesthetics is the only real thing wrong with the car now... :eek:

Anyway. The phantom stall if not picked up in this thread. I start the car and randomly it'll just die after 4 seconds. It's bang on with the timing, but the occasion is random. Very rarely does it upon first start and as I say it doesn't do it all the time. The way I get past it is I just rev gently between 1.5-2k at roughly 3 seconds and it never dies. It's like it you distract the car it don't do it lol.

So yeah yesterday just prior to seeing the cut in the pipe, I started the car... it stalled at 4 seconds... Wierd!! Started car again and it basically did it for 3 starts, then I revved it to 3 or 4k and it started but I thought "here we go!!... no doubt something else wrong with car... :rolleyes::("... but went about my business. When I got a few k down the road the car spat the dummy and went into low power mode so I pulled over, and when I popped the bonnet I could hear the gases escaping thru the split.

So yeah new bit of hose and routed away from the belt and all good, BUT!!!!... the whole episode makes me think the split made the engine stall noticeably worse so even with new pipe do I maybe have a leak somewhere and to blame????

Hmmmm, or am I just....

images.jpeg

:D

P

Pauldw500

YAY... I have a problem to announce... Lol

Started feeling a very slight thud thud thud while driving along. Was very reminiscent of the thud thud thud I got just before a tyre blew out on me so got into the servo a bit lively. All tyres fine and the trailer too, was obv towing. Was out dropping off 2 bikes so got the first dropped and and off to the 2nd when it seems to get worse. I limped there AND the 50ks back... :oops:... but I have a hunch...

Almost stops when braking hard, and or at least when braking with more than a gentle touch of the pedal...

And the one that I hope will indicate what it is. It almost stops goin round right handed corners but present on lefties.

Offside wheel bearing, front?

I forgot to kick the wheel when I got home but was too excited I had something to post at last....

:D

P

Pauldw500

Panic over...

Went to check front offside wheel bearing and 3, yes THREE nuts were finger tight, and one was 1/4 way down the thread... :eek: :eek::eek:

OK the fix cost nothing but *I* did the nuts up when I swapped out the wheels. Would've done the proper tightening sequence too and a pinch with a long bar after tightening with a 4 way too.

Hmmmm.... not sure I can even blame my driving style either....