Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Deleted misread the post.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Panic over...

Went to check front offside wheel bearing and 3, yes THREE nuts were finger tight, and one was 1/4 way down the thread... :eek: :eek::eek:

OK the fix cost nothing but *I* did the nuts up when I swapped out the wheels. Would've done the proper tightening sequence too and a pinch with a long bar after tightening with a 4 way too.

Hmmmm.... not sure I can even blame my driving style either....

I always make sure I hear the creak when tightening the wheel nuts with a wheel brace....

P

Pauldw500

I always make sure I hear the creak when tightening the wheel nuts with a wheel brace....
I tighten with a brace and then with a long arm thingy with a socket on. Trust me they're tight but then I remember...

Too tight can be put right... too loose is no use...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I tighten with a brace and then with a long arm thingy with a socket on. Trust me they're tight but then I remember...

Too tight can cause problems as well…

So just buy a quality torque wrench and torque to spec you won’t have issues.

P

Pauldw500

So P201 ( I need to google it) showed it's face. NOT P2135...

Put car into low power mode and useless. Cars been running mint for ages but timing otlf it.... :mad:

My dashcam is built into the RVM and on the wonk but you'll see it... :oops:

12.30.17 it kicks in, you hear it start beeping. I wanted to catch up with this total knob head but the car let me down and I ended up rolling onto hard shoulder. REAL bad spot so didn't have time to screenshot the codes but it asked for a brand which I'd never seen before. No Holden so went with Chevy and boom... P201... and mentioned throttle but not sure what why or how, or the 2nd code as I just needed to clear codes and get going...

Get on this total knob....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So just buy a quality torque wrench and torque to spec you won’t have issues.

I actually chuckle when I read things like this....In all my years fitting, I have never ever seen a torque wrench in the boot of a car.....

Another little chuckle I also have is, torque wrenches I use get dropped, thrown onto benches, never zeroed after use like they're surposed to, never calibrated, yet people love it when they see them used on their wheels, or are told their wheel nuts have been torqued up with a torque wrench....If you say you didn't use a torque wrench, they have a hissy fit....

I have never had a wheel nut come loose in my life time, that I have done up....Either with a cross brace, torque wrench or torque bar....Must be more good luck than good management

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

So you must ask yourself, how did they come loose? Was the car left in a spot, where someone could have loosened the wheel nuts on you, just to be a pr1ck? Or is it possible you didn't actually do them up properly.....(Not doubting you didn't)

If I were you, I'd check the rest, just in case....

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I actually chuckle when I read things like this....In all my years fitting, I have never ever seen a torque wrench in the boot of a car.....

Obviously you haven’t seen in the back of my car, or in the glovebox where the plastic lined socket is kept! :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Obviously you haven’t seen in the back of my car, or in the glovebox where the plastic lined socket is kept! :)

Obviously not, if you keep one in your car......

I must admit, I have struck a few cars/utes/vans that have a tool box in the boot, but never stuck my nose in there to check if they had a torque wrench....

Must do that next time I see a tool box in a car/ute/van, just to be a nosey pr1ck