Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV VZ Senator Barbados blue

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey mate,

Just checked your car out for the first time, looks awesome!
I love the cream leather interior, and it pulling pretty decent power.

ZOMBIE

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Hey thanks ZOMBIE. yeah pretty happy with Steve's tuning results.

Bit of an update, I bought a rear window roof spoiler/sunvisor from Holden the other day.
It's not a genuine Senator one (NLA new) but a Holden after market one thatr comes in smoke finish same as this one on ebay, but I paid less than half that price trade from Holden.
NEW HOLDEN HSV VT VX VY VZ REAR SUN GUARD ROOF SPOILER - eBay Spoilers, Wings, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 20-Jul-10 13:46:22 AEST)
I had the same style on the rear of my VS wagon so know what they are like.
Will fit it in a couple of weeks as I have to have a dent in the front guard repaired next week.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
A little update.
I painted my DuSpeed OTR in a satin finish to give it a factory look and I think it succeded.
The finish matches that on the LS2 engine cover.
Also picked uo some Koni yellow Sports adjustable front inserts which i hope to fit over the next couple of weeks.
These will match the rears I fitted a couple of months back.
DSC059101600x1200.jpg

DSC059091600x1200.jpg

DSC059121600x1200.jpg

DSC059111600x1200.jpg

cheers SW.

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
Looks the goods! very factory appearence !
i finally got the sureflo shorty hpc 1 3/4 headers
and 4" body cats :D
bloody wrapped now to get them installed!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Looks the goods! very factory appearence !
i finally got the sureflo shorty hpc 1 3/4 headers
and 4" body cats :D
bloody wrapped now to get them installed!

They will make a difference both in power which is very dependant on what cat back you use although I'm still using the HSV catback and still happy with the way it truned out.
One thing you will notice is the extra sound and lack of any sort of drone.

Nice car man love that colour

Thanks mate

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Really liking the downplayed look of the engine bay. Its all proved to be so effective and yet remains subtle at the same time.

Any progress on the rear sun visor? I was considering one for my Calais and I believe I should be able to use the pictures in the ebay add as a reference as at least one of them has a close up of the part number that I could potentially take to a holden dealer and get the hopefully better pricing you mentioned.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Really liking the downplayed look of the engine bay. Its all proved to be so effective and yet remains subtle at the same time.

Any progress on the rear sun visor? I was considering one for my Calais and I believe I should be able to use the pictures in the ebay add as a reference as at least one of them has a close up of the part number that I could potentially take to a holden dealer and get the hopefully better pricing you mentioned.

I like the engine bay look as I prefer stealth to bling especially with how the police and rta act these days
I have fitted the rear sunvisor and I think it looks good and was pretty easy to fix and way cheaper than the ebay one.
I paid $99 trade at my local holden dealer in Sydney, part # 92145736.

DSC059201600x1200.jpg

DSC059231600x1200.jpg

DSC059211600x1200.jpg

DSC059221600x1200.jpg

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Today I fitted up the front Koni yellow sport adjustables I bought off another forum member recently.
On the softest setting they are marginally softer than the HSV Monroes (GT gas or Sensatrac) that come with the car but no where near as doughy/soft as the awful Monroe GT sports I had in for a short time.
Don't get me wrong the GT Sports are designed to help HD lowered springs feel a little softer at low speeds but when used with HSV/FE2 style springs they are way too soft.
Anyway back to the Koni's.
Fitted them into some GT Gas housings then onto the car with no problems.
They work really well over the miriad of speed humps I have around my suburb so am more then happy.
DSC059111600x1200.jpg

DSC059241600x1200.jpg

HSV struts into storage.
DSC059251600x1200.jpg

DSC059261600x1200.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This is the first time I've seen strut inserts for the VY/VZ front suspension. I've only ever seen front struts for those models sold as complete shock absorber assemblies. I recently replaced both flogged out front strut assemblies with new cheapies to get me through to after Christmas and I'm not happy with them as they seem pretty noisy. I've kept the old original struts at this stage. Do the HSV struts come standard with a replacable insert or do you have to remove the retaining "cap" at the top of the outer sleeve to remove the old parts and make way for the inserts?

Edit: Just had another look at the old struts. The HSV ones have a shorter tube above the spring seat, whereas the standard ones have a longer tube that tapers to a smaller diameter, with a cap pressed on over the top. It looks like the HSV shocks use a modified version of the standard ones with the top part of the sleeve cut away to permit inserts.

Last edited: