Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My ice breaker post - 2001 VU SS Ute

CountryPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
G'day, can't help but wanting to share my new toy......picked up a couple of weeks ago to update the tired VS "country pak"....

Have got a fair list of mods and improves to try but I'm happy to make a list of do's and don't anyone wants to suggest.....

And some more pics shall be forth coming :yeah:

Attachments

• ATT18171.jpg
    ATT18171.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2,146

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
Nice clean ute mate well done:thumbsup:

-Jonno-

CHAPPY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU
loving the ute mate. i wanna put the ss front and wheels on mine :( so jelous:cry:

donny 24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S Pack
are they ve ss badges on it?
all you need now is a hard top

cheers donny

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
drop it about 12feet...... actually make it 15feet then shell look mean, apart form that look pretty tidy mate. VU SS' look so tough.

CountryPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Pretty happy with the price, just over 14K, does have a few k's on jt and the odd paint touch up needed.

Thinking a rough mod list, without saying, lowering and lid......just for starters, thinking also a PBR "m" series brake fit out.....(though a bit on the heavy side for finances) and then there's the interior....something to make bleeding ears a regular occurance :) though It'll also have to accomadate the odd wiggles jingle for the lil miss in my life....can't have a toddler driving in style without the wiggles rocking :) :)

One thing others may give they two cents on.....vy/vx front conversions? easy....not so easy? Worthwhile?

I'm more than happy with the VU shape but really like the later front ends......not a big fan of the newer interiors though so went for the older model.

I did take a gamble on the VE badges for sides and back and eBay'd the front V8 badges...pretty happy with the look too....the old SS stick ons looked a bit tired, I'd recommend the VE badges too.....don't think they look to out of place personally.

Many thanks for the positives boys......

CountryPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Long time no update....

Wanted to throw on a brief update on the slow (but stready) progress.......

Since the pics the beute has gotten itself a DVD (eBay sourced -eonon, not the top of the line unit but still very satisfie, would recommend one for price and functionality it's pretty good value).

Speaker/amp beef up - Fusion 4x600 amp and 4 pairs of fusion 6" splits Made a really cab friendly insert that the amp and a pair of speakers are mounted on, and I'll post some pics if anyone want's to copycat because it has meant I've been able to fit all the extra sound gear and not one single additional hole had to be drilled into the car.

As many suggested, lowered.......Monroe GT shocks and King Springs (around 2" lower). All round nolathane bushes.

Picking up a genuine GMH lid this friday to pretty up the tray to finish of the most recent work.....

Future thoughts are next maybe a pair of VX SS front quarters with the flute indicators.......

And pics of the whole sheebang will be coming soon.....

Later.......

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
sounds good im looking forward to pix. is it manual?
also the ve ss badges stick out like dogs clackers